The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Quetion about VGC waitlist (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3077206)

dzd 03-08-2013 09:06 PM

Quetion about VGC waitlist

Does anyone know on average how long the waitlist is for VGC? I'm well aware that this is a difficult question to answer but if anyone has some experience with it that would be helpful.

Breyean 03-08-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzd (Post 47743987)
Does anyone know on average how long the waitlist is for VGC? I'm well aware that this is a difficult question to answer but if anyone has some experience with it that would be helpful.

It really depends on the UY you need. I know I spoke to my guide two months ago and was told for my June UY the wait was about 2 months. Yet when I added on last year there I waited over 6.

TWO other posters here just got their March UY points after waits of just about 1 full year.

dzd 03-08-2013 10:47 PM

Thanks for that.

Let me ask you this. All my vacation time is scheduled in November for the year. And we like Disneyland in October/ December. What would be a good UY for that kind of schedule? I'm ignorant to how UY matters.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

ACDSNY 03-09-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzd (Post 47744868)
Thanks for that.

Let me ask you this. All my vacation time is scheduled in November for the year. And we like Disneyland in October/ December. What would be a good UY for that kind of schedule? I'm ignorant to how UY matters.

We typically travel during those months and we have an August UY which works well for us. Even a June UY would be OK. I wanted a UY wear if we canceled a trip I would still be able to bank the points.

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/a...d/04ec3f39.gif

marlouwrig 03-09-2013 02:56 AM

We have a June use year and went on the waitlist at the end of October last year. Our points came through just a month later.

We had been warned to expect a long wait and were really surprised that they came through so soon :hyper:

dzd 03-09-2013 03:30 AM

I'm confused now about UY. Is there a primer somewhere that breaks it down?

rstamm 03-09-2013 07:09 AM

I just got a email saying the price is going up to $165 a point starting March 20, it might change your mind about buying your points from Disney.

maburke 03-09-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzd (Post 47745894)
I'm confused now about UY. Is there a primer somewhere that breaks it down?

Yes, but I can't find it at the moment! Hopefully someone else will post it if I can't find it soon. Basically, you want to travel early in your UY, so if you like Oct and Dec, Oct is a good UY and Feb is not good. If you travel late in your UY, you have less time to reschedule if you have to cancel a trip.

ETA: AHA!! Here it is:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1942668

You'll also want to look at the breakdown of UYs sold at VGC, so you'll know which ones are more common. For example, June apparently is very common, so will have more resales and a shorter waitlist. March is apparently the reverse, which some of us found to our chagrin when we waited on the order of a year for the waitlist or the right resale.

ETA: I just realized that this information isn't as easily available as the Florida resorts, because of differences in how the information is made available by the two difference states. Maybe we could do an informal data gathering here?

nunzia 03-09-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breyean (Post 47744836)
It really depends on the UY you need. I know I spoke to my guide two months ago and was told for my June UY the wait was about 2 months. Yet when I added on last year there I waited over 6.

TWO other posters here just got their March UY points after waits of just about 1 full year.

That would be me..I think March use year just comes up less frequently. I see quite a few June use years in the resale listings. I am also seeing resale prices skyrocket..I know others paid in the mid 90's, I paid $108 for the resale I made an off on right before my direct waitlist came through (natch) but I am now seeing prices of $115 pp and they have sales pending..sooo just as I thought when VGC first came on board, the small size of this resort and the fact that it is the only game in town at DLR has made VGC a very hot property.

Disney 24/7 03-09-2013 09:20 AM

I am the second person who just got my March GVC points after waiting for nine months. My March use year works for me because I like to travel around Easter time. I can not believe the price is going up to $165!!!

dzd 03-09-2013 11:56 AM

165pp! I just got quoted 130pp for 160 points. Is it going up that much? I'll just get on the list.

SpaceMountain77 03-09-2013 01:01 PM

I just got off the phone with member services. According to the guide I spoke to, as a result of the recent price increase announcement, the VGC waitlist is growing rapidly. She said the call center is overwhelmed with add-on and waitlist requests.

DVC Sue 03-10-2013 12:04 PM

I just went on the waitlist for some VGC points. I was told that the wait is 1 year on average. My guide did not mention any differences in wait time for the various UY.

SpaceMountain77 03-10-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVC Sue (Post 47755594)
I just went on the waitlist for some VGC points. I was told that the wait is 1 year on average. My guide did not mention any differences in wait time for the various UY.

I went on the waitlist yesterday and was also told that the wait would be a minimum of at least a year, but likely more.

maburke 03-10-2013 02:33 PM

Sheesh! I am feeling so lucky that my resale passed ROFR last August. I was feeling guilty that the contract was a bit larger than I needed, but now, :cloud9: