The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Buses from Beach Club to MK or DTD (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3077079)

Donald Fan 2005 03-08-2013 03:25 PM

Buses from Beach Club to MK or DTD
 
How is the travel time from the Beach Club to the Magic Kingdom or Downtown Disney?

mickeynut1 03-08-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald Fan 2005 (Post 47741465)
How is the travel time from the Beach Club to the Magic Kingdom or Downtown Disney?

You will get many posts from good to bad on transportation from the BC to places other than Epcot/DHS. I think it's hit or miss as some people have reported the buses sharing among all 5 Epcot resorts and taking forever to the buses only going to BC/YC and getting to other parks quickly. With that said, our experience was not a good one. During our BC stay (which was at a pretty busy time), the transportation took forever as it included all 5 resorts, with the buses being full with standing room only by the time they arrived at the BC. We are go with the flow type people and aren't in a hurry when on vacation, but it did get a little frustrating to always get on a crowded bus and stand. We loved the BC as it's a beautiful resort and we did have a great stay, but the transportation could use some improvement, IMO. It wasn't so bad that the bus transportation will stop us from staying there (or any other Epcot resort) again, we will just be more prepared next time.

Donald Fan 2005 03-08-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeynut1 (Post 47741593)
You will get many posts from good to bad on transportation from the BC to places other than Epcot/DHS. I think it's hit or miss as some people have reported the buses sharing among all 5 Epcot resorts and taking forever to the buses only going to BC/YC and getting to other parks quickly. With that said, our experience was not a good one. During our BC stay (which was at a pretty busy time), the transportation took forever as it included all 5 resorts, with the buses being full with standing room only by the time they arrived at the BC. We are go with the flow type people and aren't in a hurry when on vacation, but it did get a little frustrating to always get on a crowded bus and stand. We loved the BC as it's a beautiful resort and we did have a great stay, but the transportation could use some improvement, IMO. It wasn't so bad that the bus transportation will stop us from staying there (or any other Epcot resort) again, we will just be more prepared next time.

Grrrr... lol I appreciate your honest answer and was expecting this. We'll just have to plan accordingly. The other families we are going with wanted to stay here and I wanted my DD to be with her cousins so I went along with it even thou I knew it would be an issue. We'll make the most of it and won't let it ruin our trip!

osugal 03-08-2013 04:05 PM

We stayed at BCR for a week and never had one wait. We never had any issues at all with the buses. I know that others have but it couldn't have been smoother for us.

chloelovesdisney 03-08-2013 04:24 PM

We stayed at the BC in December for a week. We took the ferry to DHS, walked to Epcot, and took the bus to MK (we skipped AK). On one of the days there was a bit of wait for the MK bus, but several went by for DTD and AK. We only waited about 15 minutes, but there were two other families sitting there that were complaining they had been waiting a long time and had seen numerous DTD and AK buses go by.

The buses we took to the MK and back only stopped at the YC and the BC, they did not stop at the Boardwalk or Swan/Dolphin, not even once. I'm not sure why sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't (or maybe that is just the DTD bus?).

We had more issues with the monorails. After a morning in Epcot we had planned to hop to the MK on the monorail and it was down so we had to take the bus to the TTC and switch there (on two days). Also, had planned to hop from the MK to Epcot one afternoon and the monorail from the MK was down, had to take the ferry to the TTC and hop onto the monorail there.

Not the worst, but slowed us down a little and it would have been much easier with the stroller to use the monorail over the bus.

mmmears 03-08-2013 04:38 PM

We were at the YC last June. YC and BC shared buses to the MK -- but we did not have to share with BW/S/D so it wasn't all that bad. Having said that, it did take some time to get to the MK (I'm thinking 15mins but I didn't time it so I could be wrong).

As for DTD -- we took a taxi. IMO the worst of the WDW buses are the ones that go to DTD, so now we either skip DTD altogether or just pay for the cab.

On the bright side, you're going to be super close to Epcot and a walk or a boat ride away from DHS. :)

Dis703 03-08-2013 05:25 PM

I've heard nothing but horror stories about DTD buses from pretty much every resort. We have our car this trip so we aren't even going to chance the DTD bus from BC, but it may be worth it to think of a taxi like pp said. From what I've read it's mostly the return that takes forever. Last time we were there we were at POFQ so we took the boat which was great.

mickeynut1 03-08-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald Fan 2005 (Post 47741734)
Grrrr... lol I appreciate your honest answer and was expecting this. We'll just have to plan accordingly. The other families we are going with wanted to stay here and I wanted my DD to be with her cousins so I went along with it even thou I knew it would be an issue. We'll make the most of it and won't let it ruin our trip!

I'm sure you will have a great trip. The BC is a great resort and it's very convenient being so close to Epcot and DHS. Hopefully your trip will be during a time that the buses are only shared between the BC & YC :).

Disney Dad 88 03-09-2013 07:02 AM

Stayed at the YC last weekend, buses were shared for AK, but had separate buses for MK. Never waited long, only had to stand once coming back from MK.

GoofyGraham 03-09-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald Fan 2005 (Post 47741734)
won't let it ruin our trip!

That's the most important bit....

In all of my trips I have rarely experienced a problem with Disney Transport, and on the occasions there was... meh, so what, it's a holiday.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.