The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help May or September (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3076952)

tweetie 03-08-2013 11:04 AM

Help May or September

We have booked the week of September 14th but my DH said we could go the week of May 4th if I want, can't afford both, which would be better crowd and weather?

Thanks

GrandCalifornian 03-08-2013 11:12 AM

We loved the complete lack of crowds during our trip last September. The weather is a roll of the dice, but it worked out great last year and we are betting on it again since we are booked for September 6-15th this year. May would still avoid the summer peak, but our choice is Sept. :thumbsup2

MommyJen 03-08-2013 11:24 AM

I've been the first week of May and the last week of September. We preferred the weather and crowds in September. Weather was suprisingly a little cooler and the crowds seemed much less. We're going back the last week of Septmember again this year.

CamnWS6 03-08-2013 11:31 AM

We went the second week of September last year and there was not much of a crowd at all. Most of the rides at MK were walk up and walk on the day we went. The temps were in the High 80's low 90's for the most part, but didn't really seem to be that bad. I don't think there was to much humidity. We are going down there May 4th this year.

delaneyc52 03-08-2013 01:23 PM

Another vote for September!! But let's keep the low crowds a secret ok?

2manydaves 03-08-2013 01:24 PM

Beter crowd level -- September
Better weather -- May

tweetie 03-08-2013 04:40 PM

Thanks for all the replies, I think I am going to keep my September reservations:)

Disneyaunt4 03-08-2013 06:11 PM

Another Sept. vote, I go every year in Sept. low crowds and also the Halloween Party. If you can afford the party I highly recommend it, so much fun and a GREAT parade.

VAfamily1998 03-08-2013 09:15 PM

In 2012 I went in May for the first week of Star Wars weekends, and in September (20-23, if I remember correctly?)

I much preferred May.
Weather was MUCH better. Crowds seemed about the same to me, except in HS around the Star Wars stuff.

I also enjoyed going to the Flower and Garden festival, which had it's last weekend while I was there.

We did the Mnnshp in September, but it POURED rain, and they had to delay the parade and fireworks, cancel some of the smaller shows, and didn't even do the headless horseman for the parade. It was disappointing.

mickeynut1 03-09-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetie (Post 47742125)
Thanks for all the replies, I think I am going to keep my September reservations:)

I have been twice during September and once in May and I thought both times were great. The weather was about the same as were the crowd levels. But with that said, I think you made a great choice as September is good since you can go to MNSSHP :goodvibes.

MrsB919 03-09-2013 09:28 PM

Another vote for September. The crowds are low. We have been able to make it on all the rides and repeat some without crazy lines. We have gone the 3rd week and the weather has been great. MNSSHP is a must!

goofyintoronto 03-09-2013 10:16 PM

Sept is an awesome month to go because of low crowds. May is nice but Sept is better. MNSSHP is ridiculously fun and AMAZING. for this reason alone id pick sept!

twe1vestone2 03-09-2013 11:58 PM

I've gone 3 times in May, closer to the beginning. It was NEVER too crowded, though now that I said that the next time I go I'll be waiting for 120min for Space Mountain lol :(

I've been 2x in September, there was one time (about 3rd week or so) where it was uncharacteristically crowded. It was nothing compared to the summer, but when one goes in September one expects some elbow room...possibly even some nice empty photos of Mainstreet to take home!

Weather was great in both months, no matter when we went. I have heard its supposed to be "hurricane season" during the fall, but we never got too bombarded with rain any time we went in September (though I dunno about any of you but that would never keep me out of a park haha). I'll say September was possibly a HAIR cooler at night.

I THINK....TTHHIIIINNKKKKK....from what I can remember, the hours were later in May (which I like because I'm a night owl).

Either way from what I've experienced, which is 3 trips in may, 2 in september (and 1 in mid october which was horridly crowded), May and September were great times to go!

spiceycat 03-10-2013 04:01 AM

both are great

May - flower and garden - which is pretty great - love the music

Sept - MNSSHP and if they have free dinning this year - it will probably be in Sept.

the weather is about the same in both - Hurricane season starts June 1 and goes to Nov 30. but there have been hurricanes in May - did not effect Orlando however.