The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ever seen anyone famous on your cruise? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3076141)

melglnh2o 03-06-2013 07:56 PM

Ever seen anyone famous on your cruise?
 
So we are back from an awesome sailing on the February 23 Fantasy sailing. We had two famous people on board that I saw; one much more popular than the other...Neil Patrick Harris and Ashley from Hardcore Pawn.

Also when we were on the Wonder in July 2010 we saw David James Elliott from Jag.

Anyone else have any celebrity sitings?

justmestace 03-06-2013 08:05 PM

Only the ones DCL hired to perform on the longer cruises....no one really fun or interesting.
I did meet Ashley in person at the pawn shop, fun place!

I read elsewhere that NPH was on a cruise and that everyone was respectful of his privacy....I think that's great.

dznystar 03-06-2013 08:05 PM

My parents cruised with Ally & AJ (I think those are there names, lol) and DH cruised with 98 degrees back in the day.

justmestace 03-06-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dznystar
My parents cruised with Ally & AJ (I think those are there names, lol) and DH cruised with 98 degrees back in the day.

We were on the "Ally & AJ" cruise. They were snotty in person.

Can't even remember the name of another young actress who had her room a few doors from ours. She wasn't very pleasant either.

melglnh2o 03-06-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmestace (Post 47723141)
Only the ones DCL hired to perform on the longer cruises....no one really fun or interesting.
I did meet Ashley in person at the pawn shop, fun place!

I read elsewhere that NPH was on a cruise and that everyone was respectful of his privacy....I think that's great.

I saw NPH almost every day and several times per day and never saw anyone go up to them. They were staying on the same deck as us or at least someone in their party was. Beautiful family. I am glad they could enjoy their vacation without being interrupted all the time.

Beachbumpirates 03-06-2013 08:14 PM

We had Marlee Matlin on our Dream Easter sailing last year and did not even realize it until our Castaway Cay day.

How was NPH? We would have been so excited to see him! Just love him and David! I would like to think they were cool!

Another one who sails DCL often and I think would be fun - Joey Fatone.

melglnh2o 03-06-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachbumpirates (Post 47723262)
We had Marlee Matlin on our Dream Easter sailing last year and did not even realize it until our Castaway Cay day.

How was NPH? We would have been so excited to see him! Just love him and David! I would like to think they were cool!

Another one who sails DCL often and I think would be fun - Joey Fatone.

NPH was great. He was in the Mickey Pool playing with his kids. I never saw any nannies or others help out with the kids either. I think either his parents or his parter's were with them though. I know they put them in the nursery a couple times though.

Silverfox97 03-06-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melglnh2o

NPH was great. He was in the Mickey Pool playing with his kids. I never saw any nannies or others help out with the kids either. I think either his parents or his parter's were with them though. I know they put them in the nursery a couple times though.

How refreshing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Namsupak 03-06-2013 08:25 PM

We saw Larry the cable guy and Lea Salonga. The most exciting thing was meeting the Disney people like Bob Iger, John Lasseter, and Karl Holz.

jskacoc 03-06-2013 08:26 PM

May 2010 on the Wonder we met Disney stars Roshon Fegan, Jason Earles and Tiffany Thorton. Tiffany ate dessert with us one night because my daughter asked her to have dinner with her. Really a cool experience.

Rogillio 03-06-2013 08:29 PM

We saw the famous Mickey Mouse!

jskacoc 03-06-2013 08:33 PM

Sorry for double post.

PizzieDuster 03-06-2013 08:48 PM

There's a really old thread about this same topic. Maybe someone will pull it up. It was interesting.

I remember Slash for one :thumbsup2 Some shows taping episodes, etc.

EPCOTatNight 03-06-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dznystar (Post 47723140)
My parents cruised with Ally & AJ (I think those are there names, lol) and DH cruised with 98 degrees back in the day.

Who are Ally and AJ?
I don't know who these people were, but there was filming going on during our cruise in Jan. They were constantly in the way.

nannylori 03-06-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namsupak (Post 47723372)
We saw Larry the cable guy and Lea Salonga. The most exciting thing was meeting the Disney people like Bob Iger, John Lasseter, and Karl Holz.

We were on the Fantasy MV also.
Won't forget roaming the gift shops & suddenly it's Larry coming over the loudspeaker saying things I knew DCL wasn't going to like...but it sure was a one of a kind moment. His wife was pretty and very nice and his children very well behaved and polite.

DH took the wine tasting class and was the only non-Disney exec in the room. Sat with John Lasseter of Pixar who invited DH & I to his new winery (obviously not a personal invite,but more of a hey come on by). They all ended up sitting in our row for all the theater productions. It was interesting to see how they all sat there with their mouths open,totally amazed at the shows!!

On the Magic Western Caribbean MV, Ernie Sabella,the voice of Puumba,was on the ship and VERY friendly. Would sign anything & everything. He signed a map of the itinerary for us,right next to Capt. Toms' signature.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.