The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dole Whip With Spiced Rum (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3076129)

Cheshire Figment 03-06-2013 08:30 PM

Dole Whip With Spiced Rum

I tried it today at the Epcot F&G Festival and my opinion is :sad: :eek: :faint: :sick: :furious:

I had hoped they would do something such as add the rum into the mix and get a combined flavor. Apparently what they did was run the Dole Whip into a glass and then add the rum over the top, so that it pooled near the bottom.

It really did not enhance any of the flavor. And when I tried stirring near the end it was just yucky.

It was definitely not worth the $6.25 that was charged.

bigmama101 03-06-2013 09:41 PM

I'm not a fan of spiced rum. but maybe Malibu rum (coconut flavored) or a light rum would of been better. Sorry they ruined the Dole Whip for you...

Sweet Melissa 03-06-2013 10:18 PM

It sounds like a good idea in theory, but it would really depend on the spiced rum used. I think most of the popular ones are swill.

parkhopping 03-06-2013 10:50 PM

As a nondrinker, I'm glad to know I'm not missing out on anything! I will happily enjoy a regular Dole Whip on Saturday :goodvibes

auntfrannie 03-07-2013 08:22 AM

Thanks for taking one for the team, Cheshire! I can use that money somewhere else now.

x5x5x5x5x5 03-07-2013 08:58 AM

That sounds gross! Man, I was excited too - I thought they had figured out how to add the rum to the dole whip mix.

TDC Nala 03-07-2013 09:03 AM

CF is correct - they do not actually add rum to the dole whip - they pour it over as a "floater" and apparently they don't use much.

Regular, no-rum-added Dole Whips are also sold at the same place.

SweetSpot 03-07-2013 11:39 AM

I didn't think they would add the rum to the dole whip because alcohol doesn't freeze and it wouldn't work. I didn't realize it would be spiced rum thought. As someone mentioned coconut rum would have made much more sense. Thanks for the review. One less thing I will be trying.

smiths02 03-07-2013 11:46 AM

That's a disappointment! A Dole Whip and a shot of rum just doesn't sound good at all!

I think it would taste good if they crossed a Dole Whip Float with a Lapu Lapu.

disney1990 03-07-2013 11:50 AM

Sad. If they were just going to pour rum over the top, I would prefer some nice Dark Myers Rum.

MomToPrincePhillip 03-07-2013 12:45 PM

I'm sorry you didn't like it, but thanks for letting us know, I would have tried it for sure.

figment_jii 03-07-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala
Regular, no-rum-added Dole Whips are also sold at the same place.

Yup, it's identical to the one at Alpha Isles, but a much smaller portion. While it was fun to have Dole Whip at Epcot, you get more for your money at MK.

2fortheShow 03-07-2013 01:39 PM

Ooohhh, I think it sounds so good!

aubriee 03-08-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment (Post 47722815)
I tried it today at the Epcot F&G Festival and my opinion is :sad: :eek: :faint: :sick: :furious:

I had hoped they would do something such as add the rum into the mix and get a combined flavor. Apparently what they did was run the Dole Whip into a glass and then add the rum over the top, so that it pooled near the bottom.

It really did not enhance any of the flavor. And when I tried stirring near the end it was just yucky.

It was definitely not worth the $6.25 that was charged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by figment_jii (Post 47728928)
Yup, it's identical to the one at Alpha Isles, but a much smaller portion. While it was fun to have Dole Whip at Epcot, you get more for your money at MK.

Ah, such a shame! I was really looking forward to trying this in May. Oh, well thanks for letting us know. I guess I'll be getting a regular Dole Whip float at MK.

Cheshire, since you were there, do you mind if I ask what else you've tried. Any other things particularly tasty (or particularly bad, good value, bad value)?

sunkissed4 03-08-2013 06:20 AM

I agree! I was so upset it wasn't as great as I expected. There was just a shot of rum at the bottom. I'll stick to the cucumber margarita at la cava from now on.