The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   AKL Jambo DVC standard studio--which room did you love? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3076054)

WDW_Diane 03-06-2013 05:02 PM

AKL Jambo DVC standard studio--which room did you love?

I am preparing to fax in my AKL Jambo standard studio room request. This stay is through David's Vacation Club rental, I purchased points. I already did online check-in. Does the online check-in trump any request that I might fax in four days prior to arrival?
I wasn't prepared to be asked about my preferences and said "close to transportation" and either "zebra" or another animal trail that was there for me to select, because from what I have read, we will be on the 5th floor, which was the third choice offered.
I know I am not guaranteed a savannah or even partial savannah view, but I can dream. We won't arrive at the resort until probably 10:30 p.m. with this evening flight.
Having said all of that, if you have stayed in a DVC standard studio there and lucked into a view of animals, which room or area were you in?
Thanks!!!

Deb & Bill 03-06-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDW_Diane (Post 47721511)
I am preparing to fax in my AKL Jambo standard studio room request. This stay is through David's Vacation Club rental, I purchased points. I already did online check-in. Does the online check-in trump any request that I might fax in four days prior to arrival?
I wasn't prepared to be asked about my preferences and said "close to transportation" and either "zebra" or another animal trail that was there for me to select, because from what I have read, we will be on the 5th floor, which was the third choice offered.
I know I am not guaranteed a savannah or even partial savannah view, but I can dream. We won't arrive at the resort until probably 10:30 p.m. with this evening flight.
Having said all of that, if you have stayed in a DVC standard studio there and lucked into a view of animals, which room or area were you in?
Thanks!!!

DVC does not accept faxes. They have instructed members not to waste time faxing in requests.

More than likely, you will have a pool view. There are some standard villas that have a slightly blocked savanna view, but I don't think you can request those. By booking standard instead of savanna view, you are giving up the guarantee of a savanna view.

Sammie 03-06-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDW_Diane (Post 47721511)
Thanks!!!

David's does not sell points, :confused3

Do you mean you have a DVC reservation rental. If so DVC does not accept faxes and other than online check in requests; all requests have to be made through the member who booked your trip for you.

Deb is correct in that DVC bookings are not allowed to request standard studio, savannah views. You might get lucky, but you can't request it.

WDW_Diane 03-06-2013 08:38 PM

Sorry, I rented points with David's. thanks for the info