The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Package Change & Cancel Question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3075151)

rdevine10 03-05-2013 08:26 AM

Package Change & Cancel Question
 
Hi everyone

We have a package booked that I was going to cancel, and yes, life got in the way and I didnt realize that 2 days ago I hit the 45 day mark. :eek:

So, I know I have an option of cancelling for the $200 fee or moving it to a new date for I believe a $50 fee.

My question being, if I move it and then we need to change/cancel again, am I subject to the penalties of this original reservation or the new dates?

Just trying to figure out our best option.

Thanks so much

mickeynut1 03-05-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdevine10 (Post 47704127)
Hi everyone

We have a package booked that I was going to cancel, and yes, life got in the way and I didnt realize that 2 days ago I hit the 45 day mark. :eek:

So, I know I have an option of cancelling for the $200 fee or moving it to a new date for I believe a $50 fee.

My question being, if I move it and then we need to change/cancel again, am I subject to the penalties of this original reservation or the new dates?

Just trying to figure out our best option.

Thanks so much

If you move the reservation, you will be subject to penalties according to the new dates. If the new reservation is equal to or greater than the original cost, I don't think you will be charged a $50 change fee as Disney usually waives this fee if the total cost increases. If you move dates or change the package that causes a decrease, you will then probably be charged the change fee. Good luck.

rdevine10 03-05-2013 09:33 AM

Thank you. I did call and change our dates and they did confirm I am now subject to the new dates cancellation policy. So now we can decide to keep or cancel prior to our 45 day window.

Thanks so much for your help.

mickeynut1 03-05-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdevine10 (Post 47704737)
Thank you. I did call and change our dates and they did confirm I am now subject to the new dates cancellation policy. So now we can decide to keep or cancel prior to our 45 day window.

Thanks so much for your help.

You're welcome. I hope you don't have to cancel and are able to take the trip :).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.