The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Will it be hard to switch? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3075008)

LikeSeriously 03-04-2013 10:06 PM

Will it be hard to switch?

I booked 7 nights in an LM room at AoA for early October. I knew there wouldn't be Free Dining with the LM rooms but I was hoping for Free Dining for the suites. If that happens, we plan to upgrade. HOWEVER... I know there's also a chance that there will be no Free Dining for Values at all. So, I decided to check on Moderates. I found that at Port Orleans - Riverside, we could get one of the Royal Guest Rooms with Free Dining for about $200 LESS than we can get an LM with paid dining or $500 LESS than an AoA Suite with Free Dining. So, regardless of whether or not Free Dining is offered for the Values, I think we will change to a Moderate if Free Dining is offered.

How popular is Port Orleans - Riverside that time of year? Does anyone think I would have trouble switching after Free Dining comes out?

mickeynut1 03-05-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeSeriously (Post 47701344)
I booked 7 nights in an LM room at AoA for early October. I knew there wouldn't be Free Dining with the LM rooms but I was hoping for Free Dining for the suites. If that happens, we plan to upgrade. HOWEVER... I know there's also a chance that there will be no Free Dining for Values at all. So, I decided to check on Moderates. I found that at Port Orleans - Riverside, we could get one of the Royal Guest Rooms with Free Dining for about $200 LESS than we can get an LM with paid dining or $500 LESS than an AoA Suite with Free Dining. So, regardless of whether or not Free Dining is offered for the Values, I think we will change to a Moderate if Free Dining is offered.

How popular is Port Orleans - Riverside that time of year? Does anyone think I would have trouble switching after Free Dining comes out?

We've never stayed at POR, but it seems to have a big following any time of year. Since Disney releases discounts to fill rooms, POR might or might not be offered under free dining should it come out. If the resort is booking up with other discounts or with no discounts, it might not be offered for free dining. But with that said, as long as what you want is available, it will be easy to modify your current reservation provided you already have a package booked. If you booked room only for the LM room, that would have to be cancelled/refunded and the free dining package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit or payment in full if done 45 days or less from arrival. Since room only and packages are separate reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. Good luck.

LikeSeriously 03-05-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeynut1

We've never stayed at POR, but it seems to have a big following any time of year. Since Disney releases discounts to fill rooms, POR might or might not be offered under free dining should it come out. If the resort is booking up with other discounts or with no discounts, it might not be offered for free dining. But with that said, as long as what you want is available, it will be easy to modify your current reservation provided you already have a package booked. If you booked room only for the LM room, that would have to be cancelled/refunded and the free dining package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit or payment in full if done 45 days or less from arrival. Since room only and packages are separate reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. Good luck.

I booked LM with the Dining Plan. We will need it even if it doesn't end up being free. Will that make it easier? No canceling and re-booking?

mickeynut1 03-05-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeSeriously (Post 47704693)
I booked LM with the Dining Plan. We will need it even if it doesn't end up being free. Will that make it easier? No canceling and re-booking?

Yes, since you already have a package booked with dining, it can easily be modified without cancelling and rebooking if you want to change resorts, provided POR is available :).

LikeSeriously 03-05-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeynut1

Yes, since you already have a package booked with dining, it can easily be modified without cancelling and rebooking if you want to change resorts, provided POR is available :).

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

mickeynut1 03-05-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeSeriously (Post 47706150)
Awesome! Thanks for the info!

You're welcome :goodvibes.