The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tickets In Wonderland discounts? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3074326)

Pooh667 03-03-2013 06:09 PM

Tickets In Wonderland discounts?

Hi,

We are considering getting the TIW card for our trip in July. We are DVC members staying at Saratoga Springs. I see that The Artist's Palette is on the list of discounts. Does that mean if I buy the refillable mugs there that we will get the 20% discount off of them too? Thanks for any info you can give me.

chamonix 03-03-2013 06:15 PM

That's a good question! I edited my original response, because I think that the discount might actually work there for your whole order, so the mugs may count. Hopefully someone who has done this there will know. :)

chloelovesdisney 03-03-2013 06:38 PM

I wouldn't count on that.

chamonix 03-03-2013 06:51 PM

I agree, I surely wouldn't count on it either, but if it's a quick service counter place, they probably just give you the discount on the whole bill at the end of the transaction if you are buying other stuff too. I can imagine it might work. (even though my first thought, and what I wrote first, was no, mugs are not available for discount)

Will be interesting to see if the OP reports back that it worked. Ive never been to Saratoga Springs or any of the resort quick service places (besides at the Poly where TIW doesn't work at Capt Cooks) and I've never bought a mug either, so obviously I have no idea and shouldnt even have posted on this thread, lol. I use the TIW every day on our trips though, so was trying to be helpful. Not, lol. (laughing at myself here!) :goodvibes

Pooh667 03-03-2013 07:01 PM

Thank you for your responses. I am certainly not counting on it. I was just curious and thought someone on here may know. If I do get mugs when I go, I will post and let you know but I am not going to July so someone may have an answer before me. :)

MouseMomx2 03-03-2013 09:05 PM

Yes, you will get the discount on the mugs...at least we always have.

bumbershoot 03-03-2013 09:13 PM

I once bought a mug along with food at All Star Sports' food court, and I got the TIW discount on it. I wouldn't count on it being the same, but you might. :)

disney777 03-03-2013 09:50 PM

I bought a mug with food several years ago at Pop, and got the discount. But I figured it was more a matter of the CM not knowing how to discount one without discounting the other. I thought I had read somewhere that there was no discount on the mug. But it looks like plenty people have gotten it, although I wouldn't count on it. Nice bonus if you do get it.

TDC Nala 03-04-2013 06:11 AM

You are not supposed to get that discount on anything but actual food and beverages, but it appears the cms don't separate the items out much of the time.

jennylyn_b 03-04-2013 06:22 AM

No they tell you it's only on food and beverages. At least that's how it was in November.

leelee9878 03-04-2013 07:06 AM

I got it on my whole order at ASM in January, this included mugs, Krispy treats, and goofy candy cause they sell some of the novelty items in the food court.

Dziactor 03-04-2013 09:05 AM

Wow, didn't think you got the discount at any CS restaurant (except flame tree). Guess I need to read the books when I buy the card.

TDC Nala 03-04-2013 09:46 AM

There are 10 counter service that accept, it, because they are in locations that have no table service (or used to have no table service)

jksgrammy 03-04-2013 10:07 AM

Curious about this also as we are staying at SSR in late April.

pumba 03-04-2013 12:09 PM

we are going to have one thread for TIW discounts or AP discounts or AAA discounts..
Hope this helps...

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3073801