All star movies or Art of Animation
Im sure this is discussed somewhere but can I just get some votes on which one everyone likes better, All Star Movies or Art of Animation? Family of 4. Whats good and bad of wach. Thank you so much.:)
I'd say go to the links and look over what each of the resorts offers--everything from price to amenities--and then move forward with the one you want to try. There is no perfect answer to your question...and making the choice can sometimes cause more drama than necessary. For any of us who love:goodvibesthe ASMo, there will be an equal number who love the AoA;)
If you plan on getting a standard room at aoa. It will be at least 10 minutes to walk from your room to the food court and busing. I stayed their in December 2012 and the walk was horrible. LM is the only building with standard rooms so unless you want a family suite you will be Doug some walking to get to and from your room
I've stayed at Movies, and I loved it. I haven't, yet, been to Art of Animation, but I really want to. Check out the pictures and the FAQ threads and see what you would rather.
If you can't decide, do a split stay!
The other All Star resorts offer a 15% discount. ASM is 5% and AoA doesn't discount LM rooms. If your looking for a suite go with AoA, if not All Star is more cost effective.
Travel Dates: June 13 – August 14, 2013
Walt Disney World has released a special discount where you can save up to 30% off of your room only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts during the travel dates listed above, plus great savings on 4 day and longer Walt Disney World Magic Your Way tickets.
Save 30% at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge (standard view rooms only), Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club Villas.
Save 20% at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort, Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Wilderness Lodge, The Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins
Save 15% at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (Family Suite Rooms only)
Please note that some resorts have been excluded from the discounts, including Port Orleans French Quarter, All-Star Movies, the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, 3 bedroom villas and campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. While not listed, they may be discounted for some dates, but not others.
This offer must be booked by June 14, 2013.
My vote goes to Movies as well. LOVED the theming at AoA and the landscaping is awesome, but the distance to/from main building (and I am a runner) is absurd. In addition, the food court is CHAOS and noise at all hours. Service at the food court is very slow, even during non-peak times and the whole "bus your own table and sort the trash" is a messy insult.
I'd take it you want a regular room (not a family suite). So here are some pros and cons.
Brand new resort
Larger main pool
More extensive food court (larger and more offerings)
More centrally located; no shared buses
All regular rooms are in the Little Mermaid section. Problems guests have reported with this are:
-Reportedly the walk to the Little Mermaid section from the buses/food court is too long. This opinion may vary based on whether your party minds a bit of a walk. I didn't think it was that bad.
- Male children may not be too impressed with the Little Mermaid theming.
-No discounts on these rooms (there are not many of them, and AoA is new so they book up quickly without discounts being offered)
- Disney has begun charging a bit extra on the base price for rooms at AoA and Pop Century. It's not much extra but you can get Allstars for less most of the time.
-All regular rooms. So there's a great deal more to choose from.
- Discounts may be available on the rooms. And the Allstars generally cost less to book than the "newer" values. However, Movies is more popular than Sports or Music, and will usually cost a bit more than they do (but less than AoA). Sometimes you can get discounts on Sports or Music, but not Movies.
- There may be more "boy friendly" theming (there's plenty at AoA but maybe not in the building you're actually staying in).
-You can book a "preferred" room that is closer to the food court and bus stops if you want one (at an extra cost of course)
-The resort is older. The Allstars have been refurbed...but it's still apparent that they are older.
-Food court is smaller and doesn't offer as many choices. (Depending on what you are after, this may be a pro for you)
- The main pool is smaller than AoAs and doesn't have as many play features.
- Located further from the parks, and at times the Allstar resorts share buses.
- At times, youth groups stay at the All-Stars and take up a lot of the rooms. I looked for the end of April awhile back and there were no rooms available at any of the Allstars, apparently due to a cheerleading and dance competition. I'm at Pop Century. Good price but if they'd had any Allstars available it might have been a better price. There are a number of mixed reports regarding the impact on family vacations of staying at a resort that is full of youth sports or travel groups.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.