The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Any word on the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration 2013? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3073775)

tiana&naveen&3 03-02-2013 06:57 PM

Any word on the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration 2013?
 
Hi everyone! Does anyone have any updated info on this conference that is coming up in May?

amyinindy 03-05-2013 04:10 PM

I just read that it is May 9-12. Sounds like invites went out today!

tiana&naveen&3 03-05-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyinindy
I just read that it is May 9-12. Sounds like invites went out today!

They surely did! I would like to have one of them too, lol

Texashokies 03-05-2013 11:19 PM

I got my invite at about 2:00pm central time! I am SO excited about attending.

tiana&naveen&3 03-05-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texashokies
I got my invite at about 2:00pm central time! I am SO excited about attending.

Ooooo! Congrats to you! Btw, are u on Twitter? Would love to follow you.

Texashokies 03-06-2013 12:37 PM

@4thedisneykids

My blog is at www.thedisneykids.com

tiana&naveen&3 03-06-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texashokies
@4thedisneykids

My blog is at www.thedisneykids.com

Great! Thank you, will follow you this afternoon ;-)

iheartjuppy 03-06-2013 06:10 PM

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I haven't seen it posted anywhere (or I just missed it). I understand the event is usually limited to ~150 families, by invite only, but is the trip paid for by Disney? I wasn't sure if this was like a contest (where Disney would pay travel, lodging, meals, but those chosen would be responsible for the tax burden), or if the participants pay for everything themselves (but could presumably deduct most of the expense as business-related if the blog is a source of income, etc.)?

tiana&naveen&3 03-06-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iheartjuppy
Sorry if this is a silly question, but I haven't seen it posted anywhere (or I just missed it). I understand the event is usually limited to ~150 families, by invite only, but is the trip paid for by Disney? I wasn't sure if this was like a contest (where Disney would pay travel, lodging, meals, but those chosen would be responsible for the tax burden), or if the participants pay for everything themselves (but could presumably deduct most of the expense as business-related if the blog is a source of income, etc.)?

No, it's definitely not a contest. Starting last year, it became an "invite-only" event. From my understanding, it was a sign up event before 2012.

iheartjuppy 03-06-2013 09:00 PM

So if you're "invited", you have to pay for all of your (and your family's) expenses?

tiana&naveen&3 03-06-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iheartjuppy
So if you're "invited", you have to pay for all of your (and your family's) expenses?

No, I don't think so. I think that Disney picks up the tab for a lot of the expenses, but I'm not sure as to exactly what.

Texashokies 03-25-2013 06:20 PM

For a small conference fee participants get three days deluxe accommodations, 7 day park hoppers, and most meals for themselves and 3 guests.

tiana&naveen&3 03-26-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texashokies (Post 47908467)
For a small conference fee participants get three days deluxe accommodations, 7 day park hoppers, and most meals for themselves and 3 guests.

Gotcha...thanks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.