The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ASM sold out in April? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3073603)

Mynamewastaken 03-02-2013 01:13 PM

ASM sold out in April?

Hey everyone! My sister decided to join us at Disney. She cannot afford to stay where we are so she has to do a value. She wanted ASMovies her dates are April 12-20th. They only had All Star Sports and Pop available. I booked her at Pop. She really wanted ASM but online only suites are avail. Would it be different if I called?
I think Pop is better and has more options correct? What would be the advantage if any of Pop over ASMovies?

DisneyDreamMaker 03-02-2013 01:25 PM

We have stayed at both and we prefer Pop. It's more updated in my opinion. We rent a car so can't comment on buses. I think all of the values offer the same things, it's just a matter of opinion.

sommergirl25 03-02-2013 02:15 PM

I don't think ASMovies has suites. ASMusic does though.

DisneyDreamMaker 03-02-2013 02:36 PM

No I don't believe they do. Just All Star Music and AoA as far as I know.

SweetMissy 03-02-2013 02:45 PM

We've stayed at both and will be staying at Movies again next month. I prefer Movies but hubby likes Pop better. I like Movies because I like the theming better then Pop for the kids. But both are nice resorts. Movies doesn't have suites. I know the week we're going (the 2nd week), only preferred rooms are left. They're a tad bit more because they'e closer to the main pool and the front building.

bellabambina12 03-04-2013 07:28 PM

We have booked at Music. second week also! we have stayed at Movies before, but this time Music was a little cheaper:goodvibes 5 nights and 4 day park tickets for 2 adults and a 13 yr old "adult". Price...878.00 Can't wait! :cheer2:

Megsie1000 03-05-2013 11:48 AM

Our group originally wanted to book All Star Music for our May trip to take advantage of the mixture of both family suites and standard rooms. But the Disney website showed no availability for All Star Music standard rooms for our dates.

We went on Expedia and could find availability for standard rooms. So, I don't know what that is about. I was going to call Disney and point this out but we ended up choosing POP anyway, so the issue became moot.

You might want to try Expedia or Orbitz and see if you can find availability there. If so, I would call Disney and ask them. Explain you see availability on other websites but you would prefer to book direct with them.

ETA: If looking for a standard room only, I do think POP is better than any of the All Stars. There is obviously mixed opinion on this, but I think POP has a nice them and your sister will like it.