The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cancellation Question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3073254)

MickeyMirth 03-01-2013 04:50 PM

Cancellation Question

I promise I have tried to find the answer to this question but have been unsuccessful. I cancelled a reservation that I made yesterday and made a new one today. The resort and room type I really wanted became available today. YAY for Disney Magicpixiedust:
When I cancelled the original reservation the cast member explained when my deposit would be credited to my credit card and to make sure to keep my confirmation number for the original ressie because they no longer give cancellation numbers. When did that start? Don't doubt her word at all and not suspicious of any shenanigans. Just want to make sure I understood her correctly.

Dis703 03-01-2013 06:28 PM

I have canceled a few reservations to change to new ones in the last couple months and I don't remember being given a number. They just told me it would be credited back to the card I gave them but may take a few days.

davedmaine 03-01-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickeyMirth (Post 47669070)
I promise I have tried to find the answer to this question but have been unsuccessful. I cancelled a reservation that I made yesterday and made a new one today. The resort and room type I really wanted became available today. YAY for Disney Magicpixiedust:
When I cancelled the original reservation the cast member explained when my deposit would be credited to my credit card and to make sure to keep my confirmation number for the original ressie because they no longer give cancellation numbers. When did that start? Don't doubt her word at all and not suspicious of any shenanigans. Just want to make sure I understood her correctly.

Yes, that's true. Not sure when it started. Just double check your credit card in a few days to make sure your deposit has been refunded.. You shouldn't have any problems. You can also double check on line at disneyworld.com. Just plug in the original confirmation # -- it shouldn't come up now that's it's been canceled.

ready2vacation 03-01-2013 07:59 PM

One of the queens of cancellations here....(like many, many cancellations...) :)...

No cancellation #s are given and it has been a long while since they have done so. If a room only reservation, it seems to take about 5 business days. A package reservation refund seems to always post exactly 3 business days later.

The package or room reservation should "disappear" immediately out of your online section, so that is how I usually look to make sure it cancelled.

I changed resorts on Tuesday by cancelling and then rebooking on my own. My $200 deposit was in my bank account today.

Mousemommy1 03-01-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickeyMirth (Post 47669070)

I have always been told that the reservation number is also the cancelation number. Just monitor you account to be sure all funds where they are supposed to. :goodvibes

MickeyMirth 03-02-2013 09:04 AM

Thank all of you for your replies. Good to know!