The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Cozumel excursions (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3073121)

brookealison 03-01-2013 01:35 PM

Cozumel excursions
 
I will be taking the 4 night Magic out of Galveston in March with DH and girls, ages 3 and 5. I think I have decided against any Disney excursions as there isn't a whole lot that seemed fun with our age group. I was thinking of doing a beach day somewhere. Please rant or rave about your Cozumel beach experiences. There seem to be so many choices and I can't seem to figure out what is the best option for us. I would be interested in a place with a nice beach/pool and some shady chairs for my fair-skin crew. Oh, and clean!

Thanks for you advice in advance!

sweetpee_1993 03-01-2013 01:45 PM

May I also ask for recommendations for things that are on Cozumel, not taking the ferry across to Playa del Carmen. Tours???

MissDaisyofTexas 03-01-2013 02:16 PM

Hi--we took a taxi to Nachi Cocom private beach on our cruise a few weeks ago. It's very quiet and laid back. They only let 100 people a day enter. I have some pics on my blog:

http://www.savingforadream.blogspot....-3-part-1.html

If you're looking for a livelier beach, I'd suggest checking out Playa Mia or Mr. Sanchos.

justmestace 03-01-2013 05:07 PM

Nachi Cocum. Hands down.


We've taken a taxi to see the Mayan ruins that are ON Cozumel, because we didn't want to take a boat over to the mainland, and that was really, really interesting, but not for children as young as yours. There just really isn't that much to do on Cozumel if you don't go to a beach, shopping, or a bar. With small kids, anyway.

rentayenta 03-01-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas (Post 47666953)
Hi--we took a taxi to Nachi Cocom private beach on our cruise a few weeks ago. It's very quiet and laid back. They only let 100 people a day enter. I have some pics on my blog:

http://www.savingforadream.blogspot....-3-part-1.html

If you're looking for a livelier beach, I'd suggest checking out Playa Mia or Mr. Sanchos.



Thank you for sharing your experience on Nachi Cocom. That's where I've decided DS and I will spend our Cozumel day. :thumbsup2



I've heard Paradise Beach is also really fun for kids, lots of water toys to play on etc. we're looking for a more mellow experience.

ksu93 03-01-2013 10:44 PM

We did Nachi Cocum in January with 8 kids 6yrs and up and I can't say enough about how perfect it was. My kids drove the bartender crazy at the swim up bar at the pool after they found out that they could order virgin bahama mamas and any other frozen drink they could think of! The beach is beautiful and quiet and the atmosphere is really family friendly. Warning- when you first arrive the outside of the resort appears sort of run down which may be a little alarming- you won't regret your choice though!

Tashaw1234 03-02-2013 09:21 AM

You won't regret this. I have done this beach break with my husband and absolutely loved it. Carlos was the best, great beach pool and food. You must try the coconut ice cream...yum! I will be there in March as well. I am cruising with a girlfriend and her 4 year old daughter on the March 19th out of Galveston.

lewangtn 03-02-2013 09:11 PM

Just got back...
 
We were at Nachi Cocum on Thursday, which we decided upon after much research. It was great place. Beautiful beach, nice pool. Drinks and lunch were included. The food was outstanding!

They offered some water activities to us once shortly after we arrived, but once we declined they didn't ask again.

We had 4 adults and 3 kids (6 yrs and 3 yrs). It worked perfect for us as a nice, quiet getaway (especially after the chaos of the ship's pools earlier in the week!). If you are looking for private, laid-back, no-crowds, then Nachi is a great choice. If you want a more lively atmosphere it won't impress you.

DisneyOrBustColorado 03-02-2013 09:20 PM

I agree that Nachi-Cocom would probably be your best choice for your children. We much preferred Maya Chan over Nachi but that was in Costa Maya and doesn't really help you.

For fun you can look at my trip report website. Check out (Day 5) and be sure to click on the (Nachi-Cocom) gallery tab right above all of the photos at the bottom of the report.

Please excuse any mess as I am currently still in the process of finishing up this trip report and have not yet finished the end of day 5.

Enjoy your trip!

http://fantasyhalloween2012.tradingtales.com

SeaSpray 03-02-2013 09:20 PM

Is Nachi Cocom only via on your own or is this one of the beach excursions that DCL offers? Thanks. :beach:

SeaSpray 03-02-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyOrBustColorado (Post 47679567)
I agree that Nachi-Cocom would probably be your best choice for your children. We much preferred Maya Chan over Nachi but that was in Costa Maya and doesn't really help you.

For fun you can look at my trip report website. Check out (Day 5) and be sure to click on the (Nachi-Cocom) gallery tab right above all of the photos at the bottom of the report.

Please excuse any mess as I am currently still in the process of finishing up this trip report and have not yet finished the end of day 5.

Enjoy your trip!

http://fantasyhalloween2012.tradingtales.com

Awesome! I'm going to read your entire report right now since we'll be on the Fantasy for the first time next year. :surfweb:

rentayenta 03-02-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaSpray (Post 47679572)
Is Nachi Cocom only via on your own or is this one of the beach excursions that DCL offers? Thanks. :beach:




http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com On your own.

Mickey3Boys 03-02-2013 09:31 PM

We did Nachi Cocum with our oldest who was 3 at the time and loved it. Not as crowded, smooth water, nice beach for sand castles (although it's not Destin, FL sand)! Food & Drink right there.

lewangtn 03-02-2013 09:32 PM

Nachi is on your own. Get off the ship and grab a taxi. Confirm the price (per cab, not per person). It was $34 for a van of 7 of us there and took about 15 minutes or so. They'll call you a cab when you want to leave and it takes about 10-15 minutes for it to arrive. Same price going back. (Again, confirm it before you get in).

SeaSpray 03-02-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas (Post 47666953)
Hi--we took a taxi to Nachi Cocom private beach on our cruise a few weeks ago. It's very quiet and laid back. They only let 100 people a day enter. I have some pics on my blog:

http://www.savingforadream.blogspot....-3-part-1.html

If you're looking for a livelier beach, I'd suggest checking out Playa Mia or Mr. Sanchos.

Thanks for your link, great pics! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rentayenta (Post 47679635)

Thank you! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewangtn (Post 47679699)
Nachi is on your own. Get off the ship and grab a taxi. Confirm the price (per cab, not per person). It was $34 for a van of 7 of us there and took about 15 minutes or so. They'll call you a cab when you want to leave and it takes about 10-15 minutes for it to arrive. Same price going back. (Again, confirm it before you get in).

Thanks for the info and advice. :)



We've done 2 western Caribbean cruises already; the first time, we took the ferry across to the mainland and did the Tulum ruins excursion; the second time we did the Fury Catamaran excursion which left right from the pier and we spent only a short time on the beach they took us to.

I'm looking for a quiet, relaxing day, so Nachi Cocum looks great!! :sunny:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.