The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Free dining question... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3073068)

bartleby1 03-01-2013 10:50 AM

Free dining question...
 
We will be going to disney for two weeks in August. If free dining isn't available until our second week, would we be able to book a room only discount for the first week (without tickets) and the free dining package (with tickets) for the second week BUT then get our tickets for the package a week early? Has anyone ever been able to do this? I highly doubt free dining will be available the first week we go but we would need our tickets the first week.

TDC Nala 03-01-2013 11:09 AM

No, you can't get package tickets a week early. If you are able to pick them up early (and so far it seems like you can) the limit seems to be three days early.

bartleby1 03-01-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 47665723)
No, you can't get package tickets a week early. If you are able to pick them up early (and so far it seems like you can) the limit seems to be three days early.

Thank you! Not the answer I was hoping for :lmao: but at least I know to make other plans. Maybe we'll do Universal, Seaworld, and Legoland the first week and only do Disney the second week instead of Disney for both weeks if Disney doesn't want our money, LOL!:cool1:

Wood Nymph 03-01-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartleby1 (Post 47665518)
We will be going to disney for two weeks in August. If free dining isn't available until our second week, would we be able to book a room only discount for the first week (without tickets) and the free dining package (with tickets) for the second week BUT then get our tickets for the package a week early? Has anyone ever been able to do this? I highly doubt free dining will be available the first week we go but we would need our tickets the first week.

Some people get around the restrictions by booking separate reservations. You could even take a few days off site between WDW resort stays. :) In order to qualify for free dining, your resort check in day has to fall within the free dining dates.

bartleby1 03-01-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wood Nymph (Post 47666712)
Some people get around the restrictions by booking separate reservations. You could even take a few days off site between WDW resort stays. :) In order to qualify for free dining, your resort check in day has to fall within the free dining dates.

I guess I could but then I'd be paying for two sets of 5 day tickets rather than one set of 10 day tickets which would be significantly more money. If I have to do that, I may as well take advantage of the time that first week and go do something else.

Regardless, we'll have a good time whether we spend all of our time at disney or break it up by doing something else the first week. All depends on the discounts offered! Waiting for the discounts...

jenseib 03-03-2013 07:53 PM

You could book your first stay with the full days amount of tickets and the 2nd portion of the stay with 2 day tickets per person and save those for a future trip.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.