The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   W.I.S.H (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Headbands that stay (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072699)

Skpnw 02-28-2013 04:36 PM

Headbands that stay
 
I am currently on a search for a comfortable headband that stays put on my runs. I just want it to hold back those short wisps of hair that won't pull back into my ponytail. I have tried those Goody ones. Didn't work. I have moved onto the UnderArmour ones - they are ok, but when I am out for a long run (over 1 hour), if it gets too sweaty, it doesn't stay put.

I have heard about SweatyBands - any good? or any other recommendations??

Now that the weather is getting a bit warmer, I don't need to wear my running beanie so headbands are a must.

Thanks!

lisah0711 02-28-2013 05:12 PM

I really like the bondiband headbands that I got from WISH. :thumbsup2

Strawberry's mom&dad 02-28-2013 07:13 PM

I second bondibands. They work great and help wick sweat away.

Phdmama06 02-28-2013 07:32 PM

I personally didn't care for bondi bands. They always slip off my head. I've had very good luck with sweaty bands though!

Elleshoodat 03-03-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skpnw
I am currently on a search for a comfortable headband that stays put on my runs. I just want it to hold back those short wisps of hair that won't pull back into my ponytail. I have tried those Goody ones. Didn't work. I have moved onto the UnderArmour ones - they are ok, but when I am out for a long run (over 1 hour), if it gets too sweaty, it doesn't stay put.

I have heard about SweatyBands - any good? or any other recommendations??

Now that the weather is getting a bit warmer, I don't need to wear my running beanie so headbands are a must.

Thanks!

I haven't tried Bondi Bands, but I do like SweatyBands. Lululemon also makes some that don't slip.

es45 03-03-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phdmama06
I personally didn't care for bondi bands. They always slip off my head. I've had very good luck with sweaty bands though!

Glad to know I am not the only one with Bondi bands slipping. I like Sparkly Souls bands the best.

Bephus 03-03-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by es45

Glad to know I am not the only one with Bondi bands slipping. I like Sparkly Souls bands the best.

I also like sparkly souls the best. I have found every other brand slips. I think it is the combo of velvet and elastic all the way around. Plus they are super cute!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

icicle 03-03-2013 01:17 PM

My faves are chica bands. They look similar to the sweaty bands but i can buy them at my local running store.

jpeka65844 03-04-2013 06:29 AM

I wear a Bondiband and it holds pretty well for me and I usually can't keep anything on my head. I wear a real wide one and sometimes I secure it with bobby pins.

mufasa0505 03-04-2013 07:18 AM

I have a Punkeelove headband that I love. It stays on better than my Sweatyband, and they had better patterns.

Ariel484 03-04-2013 08:56 AM

I like Sweaty Bands. They are pricey but they work...if you get on their email list they sometimes send out discount codes (20% off or free shipping, etc.), especially around holidays. I've also seen a small selection of them at my local D-I-C-K's Sporting Goods. I just realized I lost one of mine yesterday :sad1: so I'm on the lookout for a discount email for St. Patrick's Day. :thumbsup2

Ariel224 03-04-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel484
I like Sweaty Bands. They are pricey but they work...if you get on their email list they sometimes send out discount codes (20% off or free shipping, etc.), especially around holidays. I've also seen a small selection of them at my local D-I-C-K's Sporting Goods. I just realized I lost one of mine yesterday :sad1: so I'm on the lookout for a discount email for St. Patrick's Day. :thumbsup2

Don't you just love it when the board's filters try to do their job on a legitimate post? Lol!

Stitch_lover_Sith 03-04-2013 12:59 PM

Bang buster headband by lululemon. Or the bondi bands.

Ariel484 03-04-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel224

Don't you just love it when the board's filters try to do their job on a legitimate post? Lol!

Haha, actually I did that in the original post! I knew from prior experience it wouldn't go through...:p

Frootcakes 03-04-2013 08:13 PM

Easiest headband
 
I used to use Bondi bands - but, my middle school niece told me to use athletic pre-wrap as a headband. You can buy the pre-wrap in a multitude of colors for 3.00 - 4.00 a roll at most sporting goods stores - tear off a strip (I usually fold mine in half lengthwise) and then tie it around your head as tight as you desire. Ran the Disney half, the Gasparilla 15K and 8K - and the pre-wrap headband never moved. Best part - at the end of the race...throw it in the trash. I have a pink roll and a black roll - and they have both lasted since August - and I use some almost every day.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.