The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   *A New Year, A New You ~ March Dieting Thread* (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072647)

mandymouse 02-28-2013 03:16 PM

*A New Year, A New You ~ March Dieting Thread*

:wave2: Welcome to the March dieting thread (wow, where did February go ? :confused3 )

So, how is everyone getting on ? It would be nice if you could share with us how much you have lost since you started, how you feel your diet is going and what your next mini target is :)

Welcome to any newbies, it's not to late to join in as there is lots of advice, encouragement and enthusiasm on here ::yes::

:wizard: Good Luck over the next month everyone :wizard:

LunaMini 02-28-2013 04:12 PM

Wow! March already! (Well nearly!)

February certainly flew by! I'm pleased to say Feb was the month that I knuckled down after Christmas and started dieting again! I lost 6lb in February and have 16 to go to my goal, although if I start looking too slim I'll stop where I'm happy!

Looking forward to the month ahead and hearing all your stories :) x

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

pampat 03-01-2013 10:11 AM

Sorry missed the end of the Feb thread, my scales were teetering on a half pound loss but I'll take a STS in the hope I get a bigger loss next week. I'm back at WW next week after finishing work today, so I can concentrate on my eating again.

Pam

irongirlof12 03-01-2013 12:32 PM

Since January I have lost 10.5lbs I would really like to get my stone award this month.

Good luck to everyone this month, it's going to be tough with all of those easter eggs treats appearing :)

LunaMini 03-01-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irongirlof12 (Post 47666521)
Since January I have lost 10.5lbs I would really like to get my stone award this month.

Good luck to everyone this month, it's going to be tough with all of those easter eggs treats appearing :)

Mothers day meal, Easter eggs & birthday cake, this will be a tough one!

Laurafoster 03-01-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunaMini

Yep! I've also got a weeks holiday to Centre Parcs and my Birthday to add to that. Will need a lot of will power this month LOL!

LunaMini 03-01-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurafoster (Post 47667668)
Yep! I've also got a weeks holiday to Centre Parcs and my Birthday to add to that. Will need a lot of will power this month LOL!

Yay! Fellow March Birthday! pixiedust:

mandymouse 03-02-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunaMini (Post 47658627)
Wow! March already! (Well nearly!)

February certainly flew by! I'm pleased to say Feb was the month that I knuckled down after Christmas and started dieting again! I lost 6lb in February and have 16 to go to my goal, although if I start looking too slim I'll stop where I'm happy!

Looking forward to the month ahead and hearing all your stories :) x

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:cool1: Well done hun :cool1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pampat (Post 47665125)
Sorry missed the end of the Feb thread, my scales were teetering on a half pound loss but I'll take a STS in the hope I get a bigger loss next week. I'm back at WW next week after finishing work today, so I can concentrate on my eating again.

Pam

:banana: Well done on STS Pam :wizard: Good luck for a loss this week

Quote:

Originally Posted by irongirlof12 (Post 47666521)

:cheer2: That's a great start to the year Andrea pixiedust: Good Luck, and I hope you get your stone award this month

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunaMini (Post 47667026)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurafoster (Post 47667668)

pixiedust: Lots of luck this month girls, I hope you have lovely birthdays too

wifey 03-04-2013 03:52 AM

Hello girls I'm so happy this morning because I can finally report a one pound loss this week!! Its has taken a lot of effort to shift that stubborn pound believe me. So hopefully I can soon get back into a regular routine again and keep up the healthy eating and exercise too.
College has been a bit nerve wracking for the last couple of weeks but I think my brain is finally getting to grips with the course work, I learned so much last week I had a migraine for days but it's all good stuff and useful too.
Good luck to everyone and stay focused, will pop back in a week.

LunaMini 03-04-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wifey
Hello girls I'm so happy this morning because I can finally report a one pound loss this week!! Its has taken a lot of effort to shift that stubborn pound believe me. So hopefully I can soon get back into a regular routine again and keep up the healthy eating and exercise too.
College has been a bit nerve wracking for the last couple of weeks but I think my brain is finally getting to grips with the course work, I learned so much last week I had a migraine for days but it's all good stuff and useful too.

Well done on shifting that pesky lb!

I was not looking forward to the scary scales this morning (do I ever?!?) I'd been to a dinner party on Tuesday and eaten far too much homemade pizza and followed it with chocolate tart and cream!
However having kept busy during the week and doing lots of horse related exercise at the weekend I managed to loose 2lb! This puts me at the 11st mark, so fingers crossed next week I'll see a 10 on them!

mandymouse 03-04-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wifey (Post 47691489)

:cool1: Yay ! Well done hun, you must be chuffed to bits ::yes::

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunaMini (Post 47691507)
Well done on shifting that pesky lb!

I was not looking forward to the scary scales this morning (do I ever?!?) I'd been to a dinner party on Tuesday and eaten far too much homemade pizza and followed it with chocolate tart and cream!
However having kept busy during the week and doing lots of horse related exercise at the weekend I managed to loose 2lb! This puts me at the 11st mark, so fingers crossed next week I'll see a 10 on them!

:banana: Well done Stacy :wizard: Fingers crossed you go down into the 10's next week

Tinks1984 03-04-2013 03:48 PM

Oops, better check in :)

So, since New Years Day, I've now lost 11.4lbs, which is good, but not good enough :lmao: Well, it's good enough, but more needs to carry on going :thumbsup2

I'm still using My Fitness Pal and it's been great. I've lowered my calorie goal last month too, so hopefully it'll still carry on going. I've also managed to get back to a couple of exercise classes each week. So I'm doing Zumba & aerobics now, which a feel better about, as I was desperately missing my classes since having my little girl. It's nice to just grab an hour to myself in the week, I'm so lucky I'm able too :goodvibes

Good luck to everyone for March! Easter on the way...:sad: Ive got my treat, that being some Cabury Egg & Spoons, haha :)

mandymouse 03-05-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinks1984 (Post 47698104)

So, since New Years Day, I've now lost 11.4lbs, which is good, but not good enough :lmao: Well, it's good enough, but more needs to carry on going :thumbsup2

I'm still using My Fitness Pal and it's been great. I've lowered my calorie goal last month too, so hopefully it'll still carry on going. I've also managed to get back to a couple of exercise classes each week. So I'm doing Zumba & aerobics now, which a feel better about, as I was desperately missing my classes since having my little girl. It's nice to just grab an hour to myself in the week, I'm so lucky I'm able too :goodvibes

Good luck to everyone for March! Easter on the way...:sad: Ive got my treat, that being some Cabury Egg & Spoons, haha :)

:yay: That's a great start to the year Rachel :wizard: Hope March is a good month for you too

Laurafoster 03-05-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinks1984

That's a great start well done!

I know exactly what you mean about sometime to yourself. Can't remember the last time I had some 'me' time since Charlie was born in October lol!

Weigh in day tomorrow for me. Struggled with will power this week, and there have been far too many tasty treats around.

Tinks1984 03-05-2013 03:15 PM

Thanks everyone :)

It was weigh in day today and only a small one this week. Only a half lb gone, which is frustrating, but least it's off and not on :thumbsup2

Good Luck to everyone this week :goodvibes