The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland (California) (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Anaheim Plaza Inn vs BWPPI (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072314)

awdsmama 02-27-2013 11:12 PM

Anaheim Plaza Inn vs BWPPI
 
Okay so due to location we were going to do BWPPI. Can't get any closer than that!

However, some friends just told us they always stay at the Anaheim Plaza Inn and it's not a far walk so I googled it. It looks to be a closer walk than HOJO was last year...but not as close as BWPPI of course.


Has anywone stayed at Anaheim Plaza Inn lately? How was it? Their pool looks really big (a plus for my water-kid)

BWPPI is pricing out at $784 after tax for 5nts and the API is at $441!!!

DisneyJamieCA 02-27-2013 11:17 PM

I know there are people who love this hotel, but the one night we stayed there I was disappointed. The room was the smallest I've ever seen and the walls were paper thin. However, the price couldn't be beat. I don't know if maybe I booked a basic room for that price?

dwheatl 02-28-2013 12:12 AM

We've stayed at the Plaza several times, and it is definitely a budget hotel. The rooms are motel-like, but the grounds are very pretty. The pool is beyond great, and the walk to DL is not bad at all. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We haven't had too much trouble with noise there, except one time when our room was a "connecting" room, but we didn't know the people on the other side. Sound really traveled through the connecting door, and our neighbors had a baby that cried most of the night.
We haven't been yet, but the Anaheim Gardenwalk is right behind the Plaza, if your family likes eating outside of the park.

beckyboo87 02-28-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awdsmama
Okay so due to location we were going to do BWPPI. Can't get any closer than that!

However, some friends just told us they always stay at the Anaheim Plaza Inn and it's not a far walk so I googled it. It looks to be a closer walk than HOJO was last year...but not as close as BWPPI of course.

Has anywone stayed at Anaheim Plaza Inn lately? How was it? Their pool looks really big (a plus for my water-kid)

BWPPI is pricing out at $784 after tax for 5nts and the API is at $441!!!

I am here right now. This is my 5th night and one more to go....I am not disappointed in my room. I have stayed here at least 30 times.. Yes it is a budget hotel but I feel like most of the complaints that people have about noise are pretty common in most all hotels. I too debate bwppi and truthfully, I had originally only bookedm3 nights here with the intention of trying out bwppi, but I decided to continue with this hotel(I am a smoker who prefers a lanai to sit on and smoke-so this does have a lot to do with my choice) but this hotel is $40 a night cheaper...and I'd rather spend my money saved in the parks. It's is my "go to" hotel...I've never had any problems here


And the pool is definitely big! My son loved it, although I am here by myself right now.

Not sure if your interested or not but this hotel is a little closer to the anaheim gardenwalk....I happen to frequent Bubba Gump Shrimp in there...

beckyboo87 02-28-2013 12:31 AM

Oh, yeah, I have stayed at HoJo and I also think it is further down than API...

awdsmama 02-28-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckyboo87 (Post 47651632)
I am here right now. This is my 5th night and one more to go....I am not disappointed in my room. I have stayed here at least 30 times.. Yes it is a budget hotel but I feel like most of the complaints that people have about noise are pretty common in most all hotels. I too debate bwppi and truthfully, I had originally only bookedm3 nights here with the intention of trying out bwppi, but I decided to continue with this hotel(I am a smoker who prefers a lanai to sit on and smoke-so this does have a lot to do with my choice) but this hotel is $40 a night cheaper...and I'd rather spend my money saved in the parks. It's is my "go to" hotel...I've never had any problems here


And the pool is definitely big! My son loved it, although I am here by myself right now.

Not sure if your interested or not but this hotel is a little closer to the anaheim gardenwalk....I happen to frequent Bubba Gump Shrimp in there...


The day of our arrival is a no-park day until 3p-4p'ish (using halloween party tickets not park hopper) so heck yes the Garden Walk interest me hahaha!

And yes, I just can't ignore the price difference!! That's an extra night or two, or extra character dining, or...the list goes on!


Thanks everyone! I know some people that have been and they love it - not because it's fancy (it's not) but because it's close, cheap and they've always had clean rooms w/out updgrading ;-)

I hate online reviews even on tripadvisor because you are only reading a review, you don't know the persons preferences and what they are used to etc.

MickeyFan18 02-28-2013 01:17 AM

I have stayed at API a few times and have had both good and bad experiences... Def. closer than Hojo, but not as nice. From experience request a first floor room.... Every one we have stayed in has been a lot bigger than the upstairs room I've been in.

awdsmama 02-28-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickeyFan18 (Post 47651802)
I have stayed at API a few times and have had both good and bad experiences... Def. closer than Hojo, but not as nice. From experience request a first floor room.... Every one we have stayed in has been a lot bigger than the upstairs room I've been in.

Good to know, thanks :-)

NVDisMom 02-28-2013 10:58 AM

Anaheim Plaza is our go to accommodation as well. Especially when it was $59/night year round. We have stayed dozens of nights and never really had a bad experience.

We did have one stay, during a heat wave (100+) no less, that the air conditioner didn't work consistently. I know it was a property wide problem, you saw the maintenance guys everywhere on property. roofs and all. A couple of the buildings have a central air setup and when we checked in she didn't put us in one of those rooms b/c of the issues. Then when we got to our room with a window unit, it wouldn't stay on for very long. Within 15 minutes they had brought us a new unit and installed it while we swam instead of unpacking. :)

Other than that problem free, clean and close. Some of the rooms are small but others are huge. We like the upstairs end rooms, especially the ones close to the pool. They are huge! And the pool is nice and big, you never feel crowded in.

stubby 02-28-2013 12:09 PM

We have stayed twice before. We have reservations in 2 weeks and again in May for a week. The rooms aren't The Four Seasons by any means but, we spend about 5 hours total in ours so for the price we love the place.:thumbsup2

awdsmama 03-01-2013 03:45 PM

Well...reservation @ Anaheim Plaza is made!

I'm still in awe of $441 including tax for 5 nights.

If they bring back 6 day park hoppers any time soon it may just change to 6 nights hahaha :rolleyes1

dwheatl 03-01-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awdsmama (Post 47667850)
Well...reservation @ Anaheim Plaza is made!

I'm still in awe of $441 including tax for 5 nights.

If they bring back 6 day park hoppers any time soon it may just change to 6 nights hahaha :rolleyes1

Have a great trip. Fingers crossed for a 6th night!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.