The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Booking Trip Today For Arrival 3/5..Magical Express (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3071979)

Mommy2TwoMickeys 02-27-2013 11:17 AM

Booking Trip Today For Arrival 3/5..Magical Express

Question: My FIL decided to join on our vacation and we are booking his reservation today to stay on property...how do we handle the magical express since we don't have time to receive magical express documents and tags in the mail?

goofy4tink 02-27-2013 11:35 AM

As long as he is in the DME system, he can go down to the DME checkin area, upon arrival at MCO. He will go up to the counter and give them ID to prove he is who he says he is. They will print him out a voucher for the bus, and off he goes.
He can either go to baggage claim himself and get his checked bags and bring them to the bus with him, or he can give the claim receipts for the bags to the DME people and they will send someone to get the bags and have them delivered to the resort for him. Up to him how he wants to do it.

SharonZ 02-27-2013 01:44 PM

I would call Magical Express directly, they may be able to FedEx them to you.

pixarmom 02-27-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys (Post 47644189)
Question: My FIL decided to join on our vacation and we are booking his reservation today to stay on property...how do we handle the magical express since we don't have time to receive magical express documents and tags in the mail?

As Sharon mentioned, they can Fed Ex the documents and tags.

We had a split stay between Poly, BWI and AKL booked for last month. While at BWI, we decided to cancel AKL and remain at BWI for the rest of the trip. This required us to make a second BWI reservation, which we did on the evening of 1/30 for a 2/1 check-in. So that's less than 48 hours in advance. When we arrived home after our stay, we found a Fed Ex envelope with ME tags and documents for our 2/1 check-in! They sent the tags to us overnight, because the computer system registered it as a new reservation and didn't understand we were already there. Point is, they can get those things to you quickly, and in our case, they did without us even asking or needing it!

ExpatDisneyLover 02-27-2013 02:03 PM

I have planned last minute trips before - I just checked my bag at the airport as usual (no ME tag) - and when I arrived at MCO I went straight to the ME counter, gave them my luggage claim ticket and they printed me a boarding pass for the bus. My bag ended up in my room as usual and I was happy to not have to stress with it. When I booked my trip I did check that I wanted to use ME. :)

Mommy2TwoMickeys 02-27-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixarmom (Post 47646095)
As Sharon mentioned, they can Fed Ex the documents and tags.

We had a split stay between Poly, BWI and AKL booked for last month. While at BWI, we decided to cancel AKL and remain at BWI for the rest of the trip. This required us to make a second BWI reservation, which we did on the evening of 1/30 for a 2/1 check-in. So that's less than 48 hours in advance. When we arrived home after our stay, we found a Fed Ex envelope with ME tags and documents for our 2/1 check-in! They sent the tags to us overnight, because the computer system registered it as a new reservation and didn't understand we were already there. Point is, they can get those things to you quickly, and in our case, they did without us even asking or needing it!

Do you have the phone # by any chance?