The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Paying OOP for 12 year old? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3071809)

Lesleyluvsdisney 02-27-2013 05:37 AM

Paying OOP for 12 year old?

Hi :wave2:

DD12 can be kinda fussy, not always prepared to try new things.

Is it still possible to pay for a kids meal for her, and not waste a TS Credit? we were able to do that couple years ago, but she was 10 then.

TIA

Lesley x

Wendybird55 02-27-2013 06:12 AM

I'm not sure of the answer to your question...the main thing is will they let you purchase a TS children's meal for someone over 9? Of course you can do so at CS...

I just want to chime in a bit as my DS is also a very picky eater..he's 6. When we go to Disney I find the following to help....

Buffets...with buffet meals there's a good variety and your child can pick whatever she wants to eat...no limitations to kids or adults. If she wants to fill up on chicken tenders and mac & cheeese from the kids station she can. DS loves breakfast foods and we go to breakfast buffets every morning as we know he will eat.

I also check the menus on allears and pick those that offer food I know he will eat. DH and I are not fussy at all and we find meals more enjoyable knowing there's something on the menu that our son will enjoy.

Have you considered maybe getting the QS meal plan and paying OP for some special TS meal if your daughter is more apt to eating foods from CS than TS?

I know it can be hard with a picky eater and I hope by the time we have to pay adult prices for DS he will be less picky as it it's alot of money to pay for someone who doesn't eat the food.

shoney 02-27-2013 06:30 AM

We did exactly that with our ds10 last year. No one asked his age and he does look older than 10. He is not only picky, he eats like bird!

We did have to use an adult credit at Ohana because that goes by age. He ate 3 chicken wings and nothing else! It was a big waste of an adult credit, but we wanted to try it.

Holstar 02-27-2013 06:36 AM

I can't offer advice sadly, but we are in the same situation and I'm hoping/wondering the same.

We try to eat at a variety of restaurants so that our nieces can experience different things - as when they're at home, their diet seems to consist of fish fingers/sausages/chicken nuggets and chips for dinner every day, seven days a week. So, we try to expand their horizons a bit!

But, our middle niece is incredibly unadventurous with food and often will simply refuse to try something new. She'll be twelve when we go, but she does look young so we're hoping this won't be an issue. Back home, when we go out for food, we usually order for her from the children's menu (which will often have age restrictions at 9 or 10) so I'm sort of hoping this will be okay at WDW!

Hollie

Lesleyluvsdisney 02-27-2013 06:49 AM

As I say, we did it 2010 and it was no problem, but she's now nearly 13, and looking 16! I know before they've offered to give her a bigger portion of the kids choice and charge a TS Credit, but id rather keep that for other nights.

rcraw45425 02-27-2013 06:52 AM

We have two girls that will be 16 & 18 this year. We've had no trouble doing this at Sci Fi since they love the kids burger's size and options. Other restaurants we frequent they will eat off the adult menu though so that's the only advice. We have never been asked their age or had any comments at Sci Fi

goofyintoronto 02-27-2013 07:49 AM

I've ordered many kids meals at TS restaurants in disney for my DS12 while paying OOP (and myself being on the DP). You shouldnt have a problem as most places are ok with it.

Lesleyluvsdisney 02-27-2013 08:03 AM

thanks everyone x