The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Art lessons at Art of Animation (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3071771)

cefcdana 02-26-2013 11:05 PM

Art lessons at Art of Animation
 
Can anyone tell me about the art lessons that are apparently offered at the Art of Animation resort?

How often are they offered (we are going in Sept)? How long are they? Are they similar to the Animation Academy lessons at HS? Are they worth going to?

I was so excited to find out about these and can't wait to find out more details. My kids (and yes, me) will love these.

SnapesGirl 02-27-2013 08:58 AM

Would love to know this too!!

DevonsDisneyMom 02-27-2013 11:24 AM

So funny that i came across this thread! I was literally about to ask the SAME exact question. We are only there for 1 night before we switch over to AKL, but my DS loves to draw and I am sure he would like to participate in something like this!

BebopBaloo 02-27-2013 01:02 PM

Intrigued as well...didn't know this was a thing..

amyh1028 02-27-2013 01:37 PM

I'm interested too! My DD is a huge fan of the animators of Disney I know she would LOVE to participate in :thumbsup2

piglet33 02-27-2013 02:29 PM

I'm also interested, because my DD loves to draw. She is taking the YES Program - Exploring Disney Animation History at HS and would love to do this too.

DevonsDisneyMom 02-27-2013 03:45 PM

Ok all, I asked this question on the AoA thread too and got the following response.

According to all ears:

Out in the lobby, tucked next to the front doors, is an area where guests can learn to draw various Disney characters step-by-step. An animator is there from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday through Monday to lead guests through the process. Classes start on the hour and are free.

The Magic of Disney Animation in Disney's Hollywood Studios also has a drawing class with a more formal set-up that is great fun and free too.

cefcdana 02-28-2013 02:05 PM

Thanks DevonDisneyMom for replying. I thought it might be answered there and I went through some of the pages but there was just so many!!! I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I just got off the phone with the resort because I had some other questions as well.

They said the classes are currently running everyday at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm. They last about 30 to 45 min.

Can't wait to go! I asked if they were similar to the Animation Academy in HS and she said she wasn't sure.

Hope that helps some!

DevonsDisneyMom 02-28-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cefcdana (Post 47657279)
Thanks DevonDisneyMom for replying. I thought it might be answered there and I went through some of the pages but there was just so many!!! I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I just got off the phone with the resort because I had some other questions as well.

They said the classes are currently running everyday at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm. They last about 30 to 45 min.

Can't wait to go! I asked if they were similar to the Animation Academy in HS and she said she wasn't sure.

Hope that helps some!

No problem! Glad that you were able to get additional info from them. I am definitely going to verify the times when we check in too! Enjoy your trip

piglet33 02-28-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom (Post 47647276)
Ok all, I asked this question on the AoA thread too and got the following response.

According to all ears:

Out in the lobby, tucked next to the front doors, is an area where guests can learn to draw various Disney characters step-by-step. An animator is there from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday through Monday to lead guests through the process. Classes start on the hour and are free.

The Magic of Disney Animation in Disney's Hollywood Studios also has a drawing class with a more formal set-up that is great fun and free too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cefcdana (Post 47657279)
Thanks DevonDisneyMom for replying. I thought it might be answered there and I went through some of the pages but there was just so many!!! I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I just got off the phone with the resort because I had some other questions as well.

They said the classes are currently running everyday at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm. They last about 30 to 45 min.

Can't wait to go! I asked if they were similar to the Animation Academy in HS and she said she wasn't sure.

Hope that helps some!

Thank you both so much for the additional info! Have great trips.

Nana2Callie 05-21-2013 09:12 AM

Anyone know of these are still going on at AoA and what the schedule is? Thanks,

DevonsDisneyMom 05-21-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nana2Callie (Post 48458601)
Anyone know of these are still going on at AoA and what the schedule is? Thanks,

From what I heard yes! Classes run every hour on the hour starting at 10a.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.