The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Connecting Rooms? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3071645)

may_baby06 02-26-2013 06:23 PM

Connecting Rooms?

We did a last minute VGT booking for our cruise next week!!! Booked yesterday got our room assignment today and it's a connecting room. We are taking our 2 girls with us (6 and 19 months). My 6 year old has special needs and can get a little loud during hair brushing time and the baby still gets up in the middle of the night, I'm worried about disturbing our "neighbors". Can anyone tell me about the noise from the rooms? Any tricks for noise reduction? TIA!

shburks 02-26-2013 06:45 PM

We sailed in a connecting room in August on the Fantasy and in January on the Dream and honestly never heard any noise from the other cabin at all! Maybe they were just quiet people, but there was no noise from around the connecting door area.

I don't have any tips for you...just perhaps they're well insulated! :)

noahdove 02-26-2013 07:00 PM

We had connecting rooms with my daughter and family and unless we had the door open we didn't hear them nor anyone else...

DisneyDoc5 02-26-2013 07:41 PM

no worries, we never heard a thing next door and I know there was little ones - great insulation. Just relax and enjoy!

Cackyschmackers 02-26-2013 07:48 PM

We've had adjoining rooms twice (our choice, since we chose the same stateroom twice) and I can tell you for certain there is not much difference. The first cruise, we could hear nothing, and the second cruise, I could hear the people in the nonadjoining room on the other side just as well. The "little kid trying to open the mysterious door" rattling the door knob novelty wears off after the first day, so no worries!

:cheer2:

Beermam42 02-26-2013 07:57 PM

Did two weeks ago

Quote:

Originally Posted by may_baby06 (Post 47637981)
We did a last minute VGT booking for our cruise next week!!! Booked yesterday got our room assignment today and it's a connecting room. We are taking our 2 girls with us (6 and 19 months). My 6 year old has special needs and can get a little loud during hair brushing time and the baby still gets up in the middle of the night, I'm worried about disturbing our "neighbors". Can anyone tell me about the noise from the rooms? Any tricks for noise reduction? TIA!

We were on Magic and had connecting rooms. I did not hear anything.

TIP If you want the doors to stay open bring short bungee cord to hook around handles and hook to rails on variety. All doors on ship close automatically.

Go enjoy you will be so tiered at end of day night you will not hear anything.

:cheer2:

may_baby06 02-26-2013 10:46 PM

Thanks everyone! Makes me feel much better :love: