The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Early Riser (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3071298)

JsIeBeLs 02-26-2013 08:08 AM

Early Riser

I'm an early riser (I mean like 5am) even on vacation. Can I get coffee at that time? :coffee: When I'm on vacation I like to spend the first 2 hours of my day drinking coffee...that's right, I said 2 hours! Will room service bring me coffee at that time? Are the drink stations open? I just need plain ol' coffee...no frills.

Also, what time is sunrise in the Carribean? I'm from Northern California and such a newbie to all this!

Kirbo 02-26-2013 08:17 AM

The drink station is open 24 hours a day and I *think* room service is also 24 hours a day (except on the last night when it closes earlier, maybe at 1am?).

I'm an early riser as well, so I get you :goodvibes. No idea about sunrise in the Caribbean, though.

robhawk 02-26-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsIeBeLs (Post 47631260)
I'm an early riser (I mean like 5am) even on vacation. Can I get coffee at that time? :coffee: When I'm on vacation I like to spend the first 2 hours of my day drinking coffee...that's right, I said 2 hours! Will room service bring me coffee at that time? Are the drink stations open? I just need plain ol' coffee...no frills.

Also, what time is sunrise in the Carribean? I'm from Northern California and such a newbie to all this!

Sunrise was about 640am this past week but I would think that changes depending on when you go. You can do a google search for when you are going.
I walked up to the drink station and had a big cup up there. Very peaceful with no one around. I would then grab another big one and sit on our verandar. We would walk the track on deck 4. Then up to Cabanas for breakfast and coffee with the people that get up at a normal time.

JsIeBeLs 02-26-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirbo (Post 47631345)
The drink station is open 24 hours a day and I *think* room service is also 24 hours a day (except on the last night when it closes earlier, maybe at 1am?).

I'm an early riser as well, so I get you :goodvibes. No idea about sunrise in the Caribbean, though.

Thanks. I can probably look at the most recent navigators and get a good idea. I like to get up when it's still dark outside. LOL

JsIeBeLs 02-26-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robhawk (Post 47631479)
Sunrise was about 640am this past week but I would think that changes depending on when you go. You can do a google search for when you are going.
I walked up to the drink station and had a big cup up there. Very peaceful with no one around. I would then grab another big one and sit on our verandar. We would walk the track on deck 4. Then up to Cabanas for breakfast and coffee with the people that get up at a normal time.

Sounds Lovely. Can I get a giant coffee mug on the ship? I don't want to pack one.

Trekker 02-26-2013 08:37 AM

Before going to bed we would call room service to bring us "coffee for two" and they deliver a thermos and cups. It is a good thermos - the coffee was steamimg hot the next mornig!

robhawk 02-26-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsIeBeLs (Post 47631499)
Sounds Lovely. Can I get a giant coffee mug on the ship? I don't want to pack one.

I brought my Mickey " I am on vacation mug" Haha! But yes, they do have an assortment of mugs in the shop.

DisneyOHFan 02-26-2013 08:45 AM

I too am an early riser, which is one of my favorite times on the ship. I usually walk around Deck 4 and get a couple of miles in and watch the sun rise. Then head up to Cabanas and grab a cup of coffee. The ship is so quiet, I almost feel like I have it to myself :)

lbgraves 02-26-2013 08:55 AM

DH gets up by 4:30 even when on vacation. He has gotten some great pictures of the empty ship then. :)

neg58 02-26-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsIeBeLs (Post 47631489)
Thanks. I can probably look at the most recent navigators and get a good idea. I like to get up when it's still dark outside. LOL

You can't figure out sunrise unless you look at a navigator for the same trip you are on at the same time of the year.

CC and Nassau are on Eastern Time, but just about as far east as you can be, so the sunrise is earlier than it would be in say Indiana. St. Thomas and St. Marten are in the next time zone over, but in the very west of that zone, so sunrises are later. Next week we all switch to daylight savings time, but do the Islands?

You just have to check every day.

Nancy

lbgraves 02-26-2013 09:51 AM

The ship changes to island time during the cruise so the time onboard is the same as in port.

kdeans1010 02-26-2013 10:00 AM

I really enjoyed watching movies in my room at like 3am (because I'm a NOC shifter who is a freak on my time off.). They have on demand free movies. I caught up on "Happy Endings," watched all the "Mighty Duck" movies...

lovetotraveltx 02-26-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsIeBeLs (Post 47631499)

I heard they sell Tervis brand tumblers with lids on DCL. They are very popular for hot/cold drinks.

Heard they sell out quickly on DCL

neg58 02-26-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbgraves (Post 47632375)
The ship changes to island time during the cruise so the time onboard is the same as in port.

Yes, but the question is do the Islands switch to daylight savings time? Some places don't switch (Arizona, parts of Michigan and Indiana, China) so in the summer some islands that are usually 1 hour ahead of the eastern US might be the same and some islands that are usually the same as eastern US might be one hour behind.

You just have to check the Navigator or the TV screen that lists the time for sunrise.

Nancy

CatDenver 02-26-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx (Post 47632852)
I heard they sell Tervis brand tumblers with lids on DCL. They are very popular for hot/cold drinks.

Heard they sell out quickly on DCL

In case you weren't aware, you can go out to the Tervis web site and create a custom tumbler using your own photographs. That's one way to not worry about whether they're available or not on the cruise.

http://www.tervis.com/customizer-ldg