The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What do your kids wear? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3070533)

Notso 02-24-2013 07:56 PM

We are doing a 7 day in January, and I'm wondering what types of clothes to get. Do kids just live in suits and cover ups, or typically sport outfits? For our Disney trips we've had outfits made for the girls but I'm wondering what's typical for a cruise.

lbgraves 02-24-2013 08:10 PM

Both of my kids don't live in their swimsuits on the ship during the day. They wear shorts & tanks/T's usually.

lanejudy 02-24-2013 08:17 PM

Agree with above...t-shirts & shorts. Pools are crowded so we don't spend all day there. They'll want regular clothes for the kids clubs and other activities.

Enjoy your cruise!

Weedy 02-24-2013 08:23 PM

Lots of the girls dress up in the Princess Dresses for dinner and the kids club.

During the day the may like to swim but the pools get very crowded after lunch so you may want to do other things.

There was a woman who posted on here a few years ago who's family loved one of the cruise directors was it Brent?? She made the cutest dresses for her girls.

Mickey3Boys 02-24-2013 08:28 PM

Dinnerwear for Boys

What do the 10 & Under boys wear to dinner? Mine are going to want to wear shorts and will complain about pants.

TheWalsh 02-24-2013 08:30 PM

Shorts are fine for your boys. But you might want to have them wear a polo shirt. When Disney says no shorts they are trying to prevent 50 year old men from wearing shorts to dinner

Weedy 02-24-2013 08:35 PM

From the Disney Cruise Line web page:

Onboard Dining
Question
What should I wear to dinner?
Answer
Dining Dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual"—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements. Here's a breakdown of these events by cruise itinerary.

Here is the link:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...dining-attire/

lbgraves 02-24-2013 09:07 PM

My son has worn khakis to dinner on casual nights and a suit & tie on the formal nights since he was 5. I honestly never gave him the option and he wore what I told him to. Now that he is older, I don't have to say a word. He simply asks which shirt will go better with what the rest of us are wearing that night.

bookite 02-24-2013 09:10 PM

Dictator the pp. we follow the dress code. Teach them young that sometimes we have to do things that we don't love. And pants aren't the worst thing in the world!

Mickey3Boys 02-24-2013 09:17 PM

They wear uniforms with khaki pants everyday at school, that's why they hate them! I'm thinking nice polos with shorts/belt for casual and khaki's with long-sleeve button down, maybe tie for formal nt.

mom2jcg 02-24-2013 09:21 PM

My children froze in the dining rooms and would not have wanted to wear shorts even if I would have allowed them. They even brought jackets in because they were so cold. We brought one pair of khakis for the 4 night cruise. They lasted just fine since they only wore them at dinner, but I plan to bring two pair for our 7 night.

Meghatron 02-24-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2jcg
My children froze in the dining rooms and would not have wanted to wear shorts even if I would have allowed them. They even brought jackets in because they were so cold. We brought one pair of khakis for the 4 night cruise. They lasted just fine since they only wore them at dinner, but I plan to bring two pair for our 7 night.

I wonder if they've started doing that on purpose (chilling the dining rooms) to get people to dress properly. Very clever if so. :lmao:

mom2jcg 02-24-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meghatron

I wonder if they've started doing that on purpose (chilling the dining rooms) to get people to dress properly. Very clever if so. :lmao:

Too funny! You never know....:)

peachygreen 02-24-2013 10:48 PM

I am not as theme detailed with the girls clothes for the cruise as I am for the parks but I still make several outfits for each girl to wear on the cruise.

I'm sure it is not typical, but neither is it really typical for the "average" guest to dress your kids up in custom made dresses at the parks I suppose.

For our up coming 7-night cruise. I am making skirts and tee's for sail away and I made tee's and had a cool skirt for pirate night. I have a couple dresses that I made for our Thanksgiving trip that they can also wear for the cruise so they will wear those as well. We typically wear dresses/skirts most days around here so that is what they wear on the cruise too. I am in the middle of packing right now. For the 7-night cruise with one day before and after the cruise in the park, I have 16 outfits for each girl laid out. Some I made some I bought, some are Disney are some are just more tropical in nature.

But really during the day most kids wear whatever they wear at home. At dinner you will see pretty much everything from princess dresses to shorts.

peachygreen 02-24-2013 11:09 PM

Oh and yes I know I am a little OCD sometimes.