The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I've got the cruise itch! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3070426)

tripletsmama 02-24-2013 04:33 PM

I've got the cruise itch!

We've been on 3 Disney cruises and I'm soooo ready to go again!!! DH, not so much. He would rather go out west or drive to a beach and rent a condo for the week. I keep going on the website and pricing cruises and I've been reading way too much on this board. Can't wait to go again, but it doesn't look like it'll be in the near future. Oh well, I can plan an imaginary vacation. :)

Cheryl726 02-24-2013 05:58 PM

Totally understand, about the cruise itch that is! I'm always looking too, you never know what you'll find!

I have a question for you, if you don't mind. My sister wants to plan a Disney cruise also, it'd be her first one, and she has triplets, 9yr old girls. I'm trying to see what is the best type of room for her. What do you recommend? Thanks for your help!

dizneekrazee 02-24-2013 06:28 PM

I've got the cruise itch too, and I haven't even been on DCL yet!!

tripletsmama 02-24-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl726
Totally understand, about the cruise itch that is! I'm always looking too, you never know what you'll find!

I have a question for you, if you don't mind. My sister wants to plan a Disney cruise also, it'd be her first one, and she has triplets, 9yr old girls. I'm trying to see what is the best type of room for her. What do you recommend? Thanks for your help!

Of course! My girls are 8 and this last cruise we took this fall was the perfect age. I think they will have an amazing time. When they were smaller we cruised the magic and did connecting ocean view staterooms. I was paranoid about the verandah with little ones. This past cruise since the girls were older and DS couldn't even crawl, we did connecting verandah staterooms. Either way, I would highly recommend 2 connecting rooms over the family staterooms. You get an extra bathroom and all that extra space. You have to put 1 adult and 2 kids on one reservation and 1 adult and 1 kid on the other reservation. Once you're onboard though, DCL doesn't care how you sleep. We put the girls in one room and us in the other room. Bliss!

tripletsmama 02-24-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizneekrazee

Do you have a cruise booked? :)

Cheryl726 02-24-2013 07:23 PM

Thanks for your reply! I wondered if the connecting rooms was the way to go, I'll pass that info along!

nabi 02-24-2013 07:24 PM

Grab a fellow DVC'r and head out on a cruise!!

rentayenta 02-24-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizneekrazee

::yes:: Me too!

Luv2Diz 02-24-2013 08:53 PM

Me too! Two DCL cruises so far and we still haven't been to Castaway Cay. I really want to see it, go snorkeling, etc! I'm hoping to snag a *GT rate and go later this year.

Meghatron 02-24-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Diz
Me too! Two DCL cruises so far and we still haven't been to Castaway Cay.

We are going on our fourth cruise and it will have our very first visit to Castaway Cay, assuming the weather holds. :)

mom2jcg 02-24-2013 09:15 PM

My husband and I worked out a deal. One year we cruise, next year we do WDW, third year we do something else (currently has been whitewater rafting). Even though it means cruises every three years, at least I can look forward to it, and when the cruise is over in May this year, I can start planning WDW!:)

dizneekrazee 02-24-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripletsmama

Do you have a cruise booked? :)

Nope!! Lol, had one planned for this Oct., but decided 2 weeks ago to do Aulani instead. Still playing with dates for next year. DBF has a contract change at work next month, so his days off will change. Waiting to see what works best. Thinking a land/sea trip next year.

cleophus12 02-24-2013 09:21 PM

You will love Aulani. Feels a bit like a cruise itself except the food isn't included.