The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Be Our Guest Lunch? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3070359)

christygobar 02-24-2013 02:37 PM

Be Our Guest Lunch?

I did a search but didn't really find the answer....

Now that BOG has been open awhile - how are the off-period lunch crowds? Say we showed up at 10:45 or 1:30 - is it already crazy as soon as the doors open and after the noon crowd?

We are planning a somewhat last minute trip in April. So as far as I can see, the dinner ADRs are already off the table, without spending daily time looking for cancellation openings. I think lunch will be our only chance to see the restaurant and I'd much rather try this than another meal at Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills :)

Thanks!!

jwfla422 02-24-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christygobar (Post 47612820)
I did a search but didn't really find the answer....

Now that BOG has been open awhile - how are the off-period lunch crowds? Say we showed up at 10:45 or 1:30 - is it already crazy as soon as the doors open and after the noon crowd?

We are planning a somewhat last minute trip in April. So as far as I can see, the dinner ADRs are already off the table, without spending daily time looking for cancellation openings. I think lunch will be our only chance to see the restaurant and I'd much rather try this than another meal at Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills :)

Thanks!!

Depends what you consider "crazy". Unfortunately the "newness" will probably not wear off until something else "new" is there to distract (a year, 2, 3...:confused3). It's only been open a few months and that still makes it very new.

Even though it looks "crazy" it may only be a 1/2 hr wait. If you wait until you're really hungry then you'd want to go somewhere else.

We were in line @ 11:00 a few weeks ago and we're seated by 11:25, that being said it was "off-peak" season. The line ended before the bridge (walkway) thru the new part of Fantasyland.

We just made the plan to do "brunch" instead of lunch and had a small bite before we went to the park in the morning. Then we made ADRs at the Plaza for 3:30 (late lunch) and had a late dinner that night.

People do start to line up @ the 10:00-10:30 hr. And I would bet 1:30 will be the worst time because they stop lunch at 2:00 and I would bank on 1-1:30 being the busiest time to line up.

KrazeeK120 02-24-2013 05:58 PM

When I was there, I got in line at 10:15. From the time the doors opened at 10:30, it took me about 20 minutes to get to the ordering kiosk. I'm not sure what your definition of "crazy" is, but the wait time was fine with me.

christygobar 02-24-2013 08:23 PM

That at least gives me an idea on what to expect. We may just eat a breakfast bar in our room that morning and eat a very early lunch that day.

I agree, it does take a couple of years for the newness to wear off :) Obviously - I want to be part of it too!

Thanks for the info!