The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   5 adults and a 4 year old AoA or save $1000? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3070314)

Disneyhenry 02-24-2013 01:15 PM

5 adults and a 4 year old AoA or save $1000?
 
We are staying 11 nights and getting 10 day park tickets. I cant decide if we should get 1 room at AoA or 2 rooms at Movies, it is a lot cheaper to get the 2 rooms at Movies, but the family suites seem roomier IDK, what do you think?
We are arriving Thanksgiving Day. My sis is going, she wants to stay at AoA but she only has her, DH and 2 little ones, I think when she finds out how much more it will cost her, she may rethink it and find movies just fine.

tcherjen 02-24-2013 02:23 PM

If it was me, I would go with the two rooms. I am always looking to save money! :)

AliceIn 02-24-2013 02:25 PM

The AoA suite will be more usable space in the room. It's 565 square feet. It's bigger because A) it doesn't have the corner cut-out that the outside door caused, and 2) it was designed to provide both sleeping space and livingroom/kitchen space.

We stayed in a Cars suite last year and loved it. If you can afford the $1000, then go for it.

Lorien728 02-24-2013 02:37 PM

I feel like if you can stay organized with that may people to stay at Movies. Ultimately you'll only be sleeping there. :thumbsup2

VAfamily1998 02-24-2013 02:46 PM

I'm confused on how many people are going...you said 5 adults and 1 child (4 year old)
And list
Sister (adult #1)
Sister's Dh (adult #2)
Sisters 2 little ones (2 children?)

Then from your signature it looks like you have:
Yourself (adult #3)
Your husband (adult #4)
Your son (child #3?)

Regardless, I would go with 2 rooms at Movies--which would give you 4 double beds, as opposed to 3 beds (one Queen in the bedroom, one double made out of a table, and one double from the sleeper sofa). It would just give more flexibility for adults that don't want to share a bed with someone else. Also, I'm just not a fan of "creating a bed" after a long day at the parks.

AliceIn 02-24-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAfamily1998 (Post 47612908)
Also, I'm just not a fan of "creating a bed" after a long day at the parks.

I don't know if you've tried the AoA suites or not, but the beds couldn't be easier. It took less than a minute to prepare the room for sleeping.

ElizabethB 02-25-2013 10:57 AM

Don't make adults sleep on pull-out sofas! Get two rooms and four beds. Use the extra money for some nice meals!

ccgirl 02-25-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElizabethB (Post 47622082)
Don't make adults sleep on pull-out sofas! Get two rooms and four beds. Use the extra money for some nice meals!

This. :thumbsup2 Personally, for myself, I would never sleep on a pull out for 11 nights. I would do the 2 adjoining rooms so people had better sleeping space.

vacation_junkie 02-25-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneyhenry (Post 47611998)
We are staying 11 nights and getting 10 day park tickets. I cant decide if we should get 1 room at AoA or 2 rooms at Movies, it is a lot cheaper to get the 2 rooms at Movies, but the family suites seem roomier IDK, what do you think?
We are arriving Thanksgiving Day. My sis is going, she wants to stay at AoA but she only has her, DH and 2 little ones, I think when she finds out how much more it will cost her, she may rethink it and find movies just fine.

If privacy is not an issue then look at the Alligator bayou rooms at POR..while itís a moderate resort it may still work out cheaper then a suite at AoA. The Refurbíd alligator Bayou rooms sleep 5. They have 2 queen beds and 1-pull down bed over the bench

minnie mum 02-25-2013 01:48 PM

I'm all for parents with more than 2 kids opting for the family suites- that's what they were built for! But 5 adults and a child?? for 11 nights??? No way. Just too crowded IMO. I'd definitely opt for 2 rooms and more real beds. And with the money saved, I definitely wouldn't be missing the kitchenette.

Sunnywho 02-25-2013 02:51 PM

what about getting 2 rooms in the little mermaid section of AOA?

AndiSlamberg 02-25-2013 03:52 PM

There are a ton of other great suggestions on here already, but I would go with 2 rooms.

DebbieB 02-25-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacation_junkie (Post 47624167)
If privacy is not an issue then look at the Alligator bayou rooms at POR..while itís a moderate resort it may still work out cheaper then a suite at AoA. The Refurbíd alligator Bayou rooms sleep 5. They have 2 queen beds and 1-pull down bed over the bench

They have 6 - 5 adults and a 4 year old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie mum (Post 47624187)
I'm all for parents with more than 2 kids opting for the family suites- that's what they were built for! But 5 adults and a child?? for 11 nights??? No way. Just too crowded IMO. I'd definitely opt for 2 rooms and more real beds. And with the money saved, I definitely wouldn't be missing the kitchenette.

I agree.

Disneyhenry 02-26-2013 01:22 PM

In my room(s) will be me, DH, DS(he's 25) DD (she is 24), my mother and my DS (he is 4). My Sister has herself, DH and 2 DS ages 5 and 1, but they will have their own room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAfamily1998 (Post 47612908)
I'm confused on how many people are going...you said 5 adults and 1 child (4 year old)
And list
Sister (adult #1)
Sister's Dh (adult #2)
Sisters 2 little ones (2 children?)

Then from your signature it looks like you have:
Yourself (adult #3)
Your husband (adult #4)
Your son (child #3?)

Regardless, I would go with 2 rooms at Movies--which would give you 4 double beds, as opposed to 3 beds (one Queen in the bedroom, one double made out of a table, and one double from the sleeper sofa). It would just give more flexibility for adults that don't want to share a bed with someone else. Also, I'm just not a fan of "creating a bed" after a long day at the parks.


Disneyhenry 02-26-2013 01:27 PM

Oh thanks everyone! I think we will go with 2 rooms and not the Family suite. If my sis really wants to stay at AoA we shall get mermaid room, but if not I think everyone would like movies, maybe POP, but I stayed at POP and loved it! But wanted to try another resort just for fun. If I can afford it we will stay at PoR!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.