The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   W.I.S.H (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Zombie Run App (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3070272)

snarlingcoyote 02-24-2013 12:09 PM

Zombie Run App
 
Does anyone have this? I just started it. I looked for a thread, but sadly couldn't find one. (Is there one? Please? Tell me some fellow DISers are out there out-running zombies too!)

To stretch it out, I'm doing the C25K version first - hey, I'm a new runner - I've just been on the elliptical for 6 years, it's totally different - and it is actually written to accomodate various fitness levels of new runners.

The premise is a blast. You were just rescued from zombies and are now a member of a camp of folks who are holed up against the zombiepocalypse. Everyone has to contribute to be part of the camp. Your contribution is to be a runner. You are Runner 5. If you do the main app you go on missions (30 or 40, I think) for the camp to retrieve items. If you do the C25K version, you are getting in shape for becoming an official runner, but you get to go on smaller missions as well. You can play your own music from playlists in between instructions from the base camp, who monitor you and let you know if there are zombies on your tail.

At the end of each mission, you synch up with your PC and can do all sorts of neat game stuff and tracking stuff.

I'm told that the startup company that did this app is just about to release more missions. :cool1:

I am soooo enjoying this. I was thinking about running the TOT 10-miler in October, but really worried about my motivation. This will keep me motivated, I think. At 4 workouts a week, with the missions from the C25K, then the regular missions and the missions on the new release, I should have enough to last me a while before I have to repeat any missions.

Khiori 02-24-2013 04:01 PM

I have this app. My friend (out of state) and I each have it and then discuss what we've experienced (seems to be a real story going). The idea is fantastic. Can you imagine it as a mystery or adventure (ala James Bond?? lol) I love it when I collect stuff on the runs. :thumbsup2

runsandjumps 02-24-2013 05:20 PM

Omg this app sounds amazing. Must.get.itunes.card.now. ( I don't connect my card with three kids in the house!)

snarlingcoyote 02-24-2013 07:04 PM

I want some dystopian Hunger Games style game where I'm sent out on missions by the rebellion against a facist state or something.

Although, I think I would definitely buy a James Bond style game!

Oh yeah, runsandjumps, you will love it! It's only $4 for the first app and $2 for the C25K version.

I've even made a "zombie" playlist. I didn't even know I had a lot of songs that were appropriate for running away from zombies. Anything about running away or that has "devil" in the title has gone in, and they're incredibly creepy in zombie context!

I hope these guys branch out and make more running apps though.

DVC Daisy 02-27-2013 12:29 PM

Oh -- I am getting ready to start this app & I still need to make my playlist. Any good song for suggestions?

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Desiree 02-27-2013 02:58 PM

Oh I have it too! I love it! In fact, I've increaded my personal record with those zombies chasing after me!

snarlingcoyote 02-28-2013 07:48 AM

Double post.

snarlingcoyote 02-28-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVC Daisy
Oh -- I am getting ready to start this app & I still need to make my playlist. Any good song for suggestions?

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Let's see, my playlist is currently:

Heads will roll. Thriller. Devil's Dance Floor. Devil's Right Hand. Werewolves of London. Godzilla. Veteran of a Thousand Psychic Wars. Walking on Sunshine.
Crush crush crush. She's Not There.
Hush. Copperhead Road. Every Breath You Take. Wrapped Around Your Finger
All You Zombies. The House is a Rockin
Welcome to the Tea Party. One Engine
Abraham's Daughter. Ain't no grave. God's Gonna Strike You Down.

There are some others, but I mainly picked creepy songs I liked or songs that might be ironic in context. I'm on my phone right now, so really can't look.

DVC Daisy 02-28-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snarlingcoyote (Post 47653092)
Let's see, my playlist is currently:

Heads will roll. Thriller. Devil's Dance Floor. Devil's Right Hand. Werewolves of London. Godzilla. Veteran of a Thousand Psychic Wars. Walking on Sunshine.
Crush crush crush. She's Not There.
Hush. Copperhead Road. Every Breath You Take. Wrapped Around Your Finger
All You Zombies. The House is a Rockin
Welcome to the Tea Party. One Engine
Abraham's Daughter. Ain't no grave. God's Gonna Strike You Down.

There are some others, but I mainly picked creepy songs I liked or songs that might be ironic in context. I'm on my phone right now, so really can't look.


THANK YOU! Those are all excellent. I have a ton of iTunes gift cards, so I want to build a great Zombie playlist & not just use the songs that I have.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

indygirl99 02-28-2013 10:59 PM

Will this app work for people who do intervals. I currently am training 1 min run 1 min walk.

DVC Daisy 02-28-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indygirl99 (Post 47662230)
Will this app work for people who do intervals. I currently am training 1 min run 1 min walk.

I STILL have not started it, but from all of the reviews I have read, that is exactly what it is for - interval training. You run when the Zombies are chasing you!

I started watching The Walking Dead season 2 while on the treadmill to get me in the Zombie spirit.

Still working on a playlist. In addition to the ones above I have added:

Running with the Devil
Another one Bites The Dust
Born To Be Wild
If Your Going Through Hell

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

snarlingcoyote 03-01-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVC Daisy

I STILL have not started it, but from all of the reviews I have read, that is exactly what it is for - interval training. You run when the Zombies are chasing you!

I started watching The Walking Dead season 2 while on the treadmill to get me in the Zombie spirit.

Still working on a playlist. In addition to the ones above I have added:

Running with the Devil
Another one Bites The Dust
Born To Be Wild
If Your Going Through Hell

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Those are great! Thanks

ghoulishgirl 03-01-2013 09:09 PM

I have it, but haven't used it. I'm used to running without music (strange, I know!) and I forget I have it on the phone.

runsandjumps 03-01-2013 09:46 PM

I tried it on the treadmill. I didn't get very far because my music wouldn't sync, then I started listening to the sounds of the treadmill and lost my momentum.

I need to run outside in the morning and see if it works out.

minniesBFF 03-06-2013 03:21 PM

Ooh, this sounds fun! I love the concept of it! I'll have to check it out and see if it's something that would work for me. I don't really do interval running, but this could be a fun way to change up my normal routine.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.