The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tix question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3069990)

Mynamewastaken 02-23-2013 10:17 PM

Tix question
 
I understand that you can add a park hopper option onto your ticket when you get to Disney. I also understand that the price is a flat rate no matter how many days you purchase. So my question is if I got the 6 day Magic Your Way base ticket from UT and I decide to add the park hopper option on after I get to Disney would it be the same price as getting a 6 day park hopper from undercover tourist? I know their prices are cheaper than at Disney...does it make a difference?

I am so torn on what to do. We got park hoppers last year and used it once. I don't want to make that mistake again but now that the kids have been once already and we are doing HS and AK I wonder if I should just get park hoppers in case we make half days over there and decide to go elsewhere for dinner or fireworks...

Cheshire Figment 02-23-2013 10:42 PM

It would not be the same price as a six day hopper from UCT.

It would be $60.71 (including tax) per ticket to do the upgrade.

chloelovesdisney 02-23-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken (Post 47606567)
I understand that you can add a park hopper option onto your ticket when you get to Disney. I also understand that the price is a flat rate no matter how many days you purchase. So my question is if I got the 6 day Magic Your Way base ticket from UT and I decide to add the park hopper option on after I get to Disney would it be the same price as getting a 6 day park hopper from undercover tourist? I know their prices are cheaper than at Disney...does it make a difference?

I am so torn on what to do. We got park hoppers last year and used it once. I don't want to make that mistake again but now that the kids have been once already and we are doing HS and AK I wonder if I should just get park hoppers in case we make half days over there and decide to go elsewhere for dinner or fireworks...

Are you staying on or offsite? I don't find the hoppers necessary unless you take advantage of late EMH. Otherwise we are fine at one park for the day.

Unless you will hop at least two or three times over a week, I'd pass.

Mynamewastaken 02-23-2013 11:01 PM

Staying on site. First at POR 5 nights and 3 over at BWI

ladeedeb 02-23-2013 11:25 PM

Not a huge difference though
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment (Post 47606743)
It would not be the same price as a six day hopper from UCT.

It would be $60.71 (including tax) per ticket to do the upgrade.


So, that would be $2.17 more per ticket if you wait. If you really think you may not hop, it may be worth it to wait. We always get the hoppers and although we sometimes only use it a couple of times, it is worth it to us to have that flexibility. Once we went running to several different parks looking for an item that our son really wanted. :crazy2:

chloelovesdisney 02-23-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken (Post 47606880)
Staying on site. First at POR 5 nights and 3 over at BWI

Oh, staying at BWI makes hopping to Epcot or DHS very easy, I'd look at the park hours and consider that. We stayed at the Beach Club for a week in December and we ended several nights in Epcot, even if it was just for an extra hour or two.

SantaClaus 02-23-2013 11:43 PM

Never get the hopper -- just not worth it to us. There's more than enough to do in each park every day. We were at AK for 9 a.m. rope drop and closed down the park at 8 p.m. It was great doing Dino, EE, PW, etc. multiple times with DD5 and DD9. Took a 3 hr. midday break to get out of the heat, but otherwise spent whole day at AK.

Might consider it if you're foodies and wanted to go to Epcot frequently to eat, but otherwise save your money for something else at WDW. We always wait and add days on as we get here.

An added bonus of changing your tix from UT when you get here: ask for plastic tix. You can use them at the RFID turnstiles to get in! Much faster!

6disneykids 02-24-2013 01:10 AM

My family is just the opposite, we always get a hopper, my husband likes having his options open, he is a go where the wind takes us kind of guy. We will have an ADR for breakfast or lunch at one park, then head some where else after that meal.:)

BusyMom2Three 02-24-2013 09:09 AM

We've never park hopped before, but we're staying at BC this year and just decided to add it so we can walk to Epcot for food, Illuminations, and to walk through to take buses to other resorts we have ADRs at. We really like Epcot, so it'll be nice for a couple of us to be able to go to WS here and there if others are taking a break.

stargazertechie 02-24-2013 01:44 PM

Aside from the trips we take with our old NE tix (didn't add the hopper) we ALWAYS hop. We love hitting an AM EMH and hopping to a less crowded park.

I personally feel they are a must if you are staying at any of the Epcot area resorts or the monorail resorts.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.