The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Resort Pet Peeves (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3069958)

tandj 02-23-2013 08:08 PM

Resort Pet Peeves

Stayed in a Royal Room near the pool. A person was leaf blowing at 7:30 in the morning waking my whole family up. She continued even after me yelling "We're sleeping!" twice. Was our only day to sleep in. Not magical!:furious:

Deb & Bill 02-23-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tandj (Post 47606048)
Stayed in a Royal Room near the pool. A person was leaf blowing at 7:30 in the morning waking my whole family up. She continued even after me yelling "We're sleeping!" twice. Was our only day to sleep in. Not magical!:furious:

They do maintenance before the guests start using the facilities.

bumbershoot 02-23-2013 08:22 PM

They have to do it at some point, and there's no perfect time for everyone.

It's interesting that you heard it though...we were in a royal room two weeks ago and could barely hear *anything* outside our windows! At one point they were doing construction of some sort and I only knew because I was looking out at the river.

LockShockBarrel 02-23-2013 10:16 PM

There's not a perfect time for everyone. It's not up to them to work around every guest's schedule.

AliceIn 02-23-2013 10:30 PM

7:30 in the morning to do leaf blowing is a bit extreme. Where I live noise ordinances would prohibit you from doing it that early. I'd be livid being woken up that early on vacation.

Kimberle 02-24-2013 06:38 AM

We have a noise ordinance in my town. No leaf blowers or other noisey tasks before 8am.

dancin Disney style 02-24-2013 07:31 AM

I think 7:30am is a little early to be making that kind of noise near the guest rooms. As a result of many noisey experiences in hotels all over the place I always bring ear plugs.

My personal pet peeve while at WDW is people that allow their kids to make excessive amounts of noise outside of the rooms. We have had the 'pleasure' of listening to screaming children running outside of our room at very late and very early hours. We have had room neighbours that allowed the kids to jump on beds, bounce toys against the walls and my all time favourite was the time the parents started screaming at the kids at 6am in the room beside us and slamming the dresser drawers. LOL...that particular time my DH got up to use the washroom and as he was passing the door that connected the two rooms he tripped and banged full on into the door. The neighbours shut up instantly. What truely made it funny was that he did not intentionally hit the door but they must have thought he did.

MinnesotaMouseketeers 02-24-2013 07:33 AM

I also agree with several posters that 7:30 AM is too early for leaf blowing. I would be ok with 8:00 AM or later.

kaytieeldr 02-24-2013 10:03 AM

I understand about noise ordinances and all; but by 7:30, probably a large number of guests are already awake (if not even out of the rooms) for trips home, or breakfast, or EMH, or behind the scenes tours, or to be first in line at a park...

Yelling at someone doing the job they've been assigned really isn't going to do anything except aggravate the yeller. The CM isn't going to stop that assignment and go back to their supervisor claiming guests were complaining.

Bob NC 02-24-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaytieeldr (Post 47610102)
The CM isn't going to stop that assignment and go back to their supervisor claiming guests were complaining.

Why not?

MagicallyDelicious 02-24-2013 10:16 AM

Definitely parents who let their children run down the halls screaming. I get that they're excited, but come on, use some common sense. Not everyone gets up at the same time, or goes to sleep late.

Bob NC 02-24-2013 10:21 AM

My resort pet peeve happens at resorts/hotels/motels everywhere.

People need to have a cell phone conversation but don't want to disturb the people in their room.

So what do they do? They pace up and down the hallway shouting into their phone so they disturb everyone in nearby rooms.

I have on numerous occasions stepped into the hallway and said something to folks like this.

minnie mum 02-24-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliceIn (Post 47607155)
7:30 in the morning to do leaf blowing is a bit extreme. Where I live noise ordinances would prohibit you from doing it that early. I'd be livid being woken up that early on vacation.

I've never found the exterior noise at the resorts that noticeable (except for noisy guests directly outside the room). The leaf blowing/ weed whacking/ mowing has to be done some time. And they want to minimize the amount done when most of the guests are out and about and on the walkways.

You may not like the early morning noise. But I think you would like being possibly hit by flying debris even less.

MAF 02-24-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tandj (Post 47606048)
She continued even after me yelling "We're sleeping!" twice. Was our only day to sleep in. Not magical!:furious:

She was just doing what she was paid to do. I think yelling at her was a wrong choice on your part. Not cool...

pl4bby 02-24-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAF

She was just doing what she was paid to do. I think yelling at her was a wrong choice on your part. Not cool...

I agree obviously her boss tells her when and where to do her job.