The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Two rooms at which Resort? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3069899)

MyTwoPrincesses 02-23-2013 05:50 PM

Two rooms at which Resort?
 
I'm traveling with my SO and 3 kids. We currently are booked to stay in two rooms at Pop Century. This is my 3rd trip to WDW with the kids and my SO's first (the other two family trips were with my now XDH). Anyway, I had previously stayed at CSR (loved it) and POFQ (Just ok). I'm really not into the atmosphere of the Pop. TBH, the giant figurines turn me off. I'm debating whether to book 2 rooms at CSR instead, but it really does increase the cost of the trip significantly. Do you think it's worth it? By going to CSR I would gain:

- A more appealing atmosphere
- Queen beds
- A better pool
- The fitness center
- A more appealing food court menu

But... The cost is about $500 more for 6 nights.

minnie mum 02-23-2013 06:36 PM

Have you considered a family suite instead? I don't know the ages of your children, but the bedroom in these suites has a queen bed. The living room has pullouts. These are at ASMu and AoA. I think they'd be less expensive than 2 mod rooms. You could also look at the cabins at Ft. Wilderness, which will sleep 6. This way you don't have to worry about not getting connecting rooms.

ETA: I just noticed on your signature that you are already booked into ASMu in May. Is this a different trip?

ForMyBoys 02-23-2013 06:40 PM

Vacations are precious. I wouldn't question $500 more if I knew I was buying something I wanted and it would make our vacation better. That is of course if you can afford it. :)

MyTwoPrincesses 02-24-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie mum (Post 47605290)
Have you considered a family suite instead? I don't know the ages of your children, but the bedroom in these suites has a queen bed. The living room has pullouts. These are at ASMu and AoA. I think they'd be less expensive than 2 mod rooms. You could also look at the cabins at Ft. Wilderness, which will sleep 6. This way you don't have to worry about not getting connecting rooms.

ETA: I just noticed on your signature that you are already booked into ASMu in May. Is this a different trip?

I did consider a family trip and that's what I booked initially but I'm worried about tons of school groups in May at the All Stars and I really don't find the theming appealing at all. Plus, I'd rather that everyone have a real bed rather than the sofa layout. Hence the switch to Pop. I haven't updated my signature. The cost of AoA is within $100 of two rooms in a mod so I'd definitely choose 2 rooms in a mod over AoA due to the over the top in-room theming. The trip is from May 9-15.

dancin Disney style 02-24-2013 07:22 AM

Looking at your signature the youngest child is only 2???? You can stay at any resort in one room as the 2yo doesn't count towards room occupancy.

Some other options to consider....
1) a suite at CSR
2)a deluxe resort...some rooms sleep 5
3)Swan & Dolphin....rooms sleep 5 and you get EMH and transportation to parks. But, no DME or DDP.

MyTwoPrincesses 02-24-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancin Disney style (Post 47608662)
Looking at your signature the youngest child is only 2???? You can stay at any resort in one room as the 2yo doesn't count towards room occupancy.

Some other options to consider....
1) a suite at CSR
2)a deluxe resort...some rooms sleep 5
3)Swan & Dolphin....rooms sleep 5 and you get EMH and transportation to parks. But, no DME or DDP.


That's true but I am divorced and traveling with my SO. This will be our first week long trip, so I think that having more space with more privacy is the best bet. Not to mention, 2 bathrooms is a big plus. It really cuts down on the time it takes to get ready. I totally would do a family suite if they had a reasonably priced option at a resort with less garish decor. I love WDW, but I really don't like the theming at the values. :( Are suites at CSR excluded from the Spring Offer?

dancin Disney style 02-24-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyTwoPrincesses (Post 47609674)
That's true but I am divorced and traveling with my SO. This will be our first week long trip, so I think that having more space with more privacy is the best bet. Not to mention, 2 bathrooms is a big plus. It really cuts down on the time it takes to get ready. I totally would do a family suite if they had a reasonably priced option at a resort with less garish decor. I love WDW, but I really don't like the theming at the values. :( Are suites at CSR excluded from the Spring Offer?

Sounds to me like you've already made your decision.

MyTwoPrincesses 02-24-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancin Disney style (Post 47610282)
Sounds to me like you've already made your decision.

You're right. I am going with my gut. I canceled DDP and upgraded to 2 connecting rooms at CSR. I may still add DDP later, but at least at the 45 day mark, I only have to pay off the resort booking + tkts.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.