The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Club Level Rm with a Non-club level traveller? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3069751)

nlm74 02-23-2013 01:28 PM

Club Level Rm with a Non-club level traveller?
 
Hello,

We will be staying club level at AKL in Sept. We booked because it wasn't that much more than a bunk bed Aruhsa and we (and our small kids) are light eaters so thought we would take advantage of the CL food offerings.

That being said, my mother has decided to join us on our trip, but I believe she's just getting a standard AKL room. Is it OK if she joins us in the club? I don't want to be shady about it, and know she's not paying the premium, but if I bring her along for a bowl of cereal, is anyone going to say anything?

Thanks.

anniemck 02-23-2013 01:36 PM

If mom is not staying Club Level, she is not entitled to Club Level perks. Sorry.

Tamar 02-23-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlm74 (Post 47602522)
Hello,

We will be staying club level at AKL in Sept. We booked because it wasn't that much more than a bunk bed Aruhsa and we (and our small kids) are light eaters so thought we would take advantage of the CL food offerings.

That being said, my mother has decided to join us on our trip, but I believe she's just getting a standard AKL room. Is it OK if she joins us in the club? I don't want to be shady about it, and know she's not paying the premium, but if I bring her along for a bowl of cereal, is anyone going to say anything?

Thanks.

If you are staying in a room that has an occupancy limit of 5, check her in to your room. She can still check into her second room, and then she is officially welcome at the Club.

owl0306 02-23-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamar (Post 47602649)
If you are staying in a room that has an occupancy limit of 5, check her in to your room. She can still check into her second room, and then she is officially welcome at the Club.

but they will charge her an adult fee each night of occupancy once two adults are on the reservation.

owl0306 02-23-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamar (Post 47602649)
If you are staying in a room that has an occupancy limit of 5, check her in to your room. She can still check into her second room, and then she is officially welcome at the Club.

akl limit is 4 plus one under 3

nlm74 02-23-2013 02:08 PM

Thanks everyone for helping me work through this.

I don't want her to pay xtra and get a club room just because we are, BUT we are traveling together so it would be nice to BE together, esp with the kiddos.

We have 2 adults, 1 child and a 1yr old in our room, so technically there's only 3 of us, as I think babe doesn't count. I don't want to pay an extra fee for mom the whole time as we won't be doing this EVERY morning, and I don't think it would be worth the extra price...

So it's tight security huh?
No worries. If we want to have a bite with her in the morning or afternoon, we'll just take food and eat in our room while we glare at the safari animals. It's not so bad! :goodvibes

nlm74 02-23-2013 02:09 PM

She can hang out in our room, can't she?!

Deb & Bill 02-23-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlm74 (Post 47602888)
She can hang out in our room, can't she?!

Sure, your room won't be on the same floor as the Concierge Lounge. That is on the sixth floor. Your room will be on the fourth floor.

owl0306 02-23-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlm74 (Post 47602888)
She can hang out in our room, can't she?!

yes. we even stayed yc cl which is on the same floor as the lounge and you need to scan your key in the elevator to even get up to the 5th flr but they never checked us once we were up there. We only had who was on the reservation and they do greet you by name, so if I had someone extra they might have known

owl0306 02-23-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlm74 (Post 47602879)
Thanks everyone for helping me work through this.

I don't want her to pay xtra and get a club room just because we are, BUT we are traveling together so it would be nice to BE together, esp with the kiddos.

We have 2 adults, 1 child and a 1yr old in our room, so technically there's only 3 of us, as I think babe doesn't count. I don't want to pay an extra fee for mom the whole time as we won't be doing this EVERY morning, and I don't think it would be worth the extra price...

So it's tight security huh?
No worries. If we want to have a bite with her in the morning or afternoon, we'll just take food and eat in our room while we glare at the safari animals. It's not so bad! :goodvibes

to pay $25 + tax a night, it is much cheaper to just have you mom buy breakfast some where. Heck it would be cheaper for her to do a ts for breakfast with tip lol.

Kimberle 02-23-2013 06:50 PM

I've stayed Club at AKL & CR. Some of the Concierges' remember all the Club level guests. You can take your food back to you room. I used to get our B/fast while my dd was getting ready. We'd eat on our balcony watching the animals. The CL lounge is nice, but no real "view".

Scott MC 02-23-2013 08:34 PM

Just a personal opinion here, but those not paying for CL privileges shouldn't benefit form the perks. It drives up the prices for those who actually pay for it. Sorry for the curt-ness, but it's not fair. You should only be eating in the lounge if you pay for it, or are upgraded to it.

MinnesotaMouseketeers 02-24-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott MC (Post 47606270)
Just a personal opinion here, but those not paying for CL privileges shouldn't benefit form the perks. It drives up the prices for those who actually pay for it. Sorry for the curt-ness, but it's not fair. You should only be eating in the lounge if you pay for it, or are upgraded to it.

Just agreeing with Scott MC

pamkat1820 02-24-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott MC
Just a personal opinion here, but those not paying for CL privileges shouldn't benefit form the perks. It drives up the prices for those who actually pay for it. Sorry for the curt-ness, but it's not fair. You should only be eating in the lounge if you pay for it, or are upgraded to it.

I totally agree. I have always wanted to try CL. This year we are staying at YC in the say situation as the OP. we have 2 rooms booked CL. My mom is staying in a room by herself. It s big expense for just one person but if you want the benefits of CL I think you should pay the price for all ppl staying. She might only be one person but its not fair to the others paying for the perk.

Mousemommy1 02-24-2013 08:48 AM

I agree that the CL perks are only for the people actually staying CL.

We are staying CL in April and our friends are coming too, but they are staying in a regular room. We have told them they won't be able to come up to the lounge, but we have begged them to book CL too! :goodvibes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.