The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland (California) (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What are the best rides to ride after dark? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3069310)

tbgmom 02-22-2013 05:23 PM

What are the best rides to ride after dark?

This trip my boys will all be 3 years older than our last, and I think (and hope) they'll have the stamina to last all day in the parks. Last visit we left by about 6-7pm each day.

So, since we'll be spending more time in the parks when it's dark (depending on closing time while we're there), what rides are best in the dark? I'm guessing RSR & Screamin' are great in the dark. Any others?

Thanks!

RSWA2 02-22-2013 05:43 PM

Screaming closes before the first WoC show and reopens if the show (or last show) ends before the park closes. So check the hours before thinking you can ride Screaming at night.

-RSR is awesome at night because of all the lights.

-BTMR feels faster at night and is a funner ride.

-Matterhorn is better at night.

-I've heard that Jungle Cruise has a different feeling.

-Storybook Canals feel more magical at night.

-TOT is neat at night when the doors open.

elaw 02-22-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSWA2 (Post 47594906)

-RSR is awesome at night because of all the lights.

My personal favorite :thumbsup2

Patrick in Oregon 02-22-2013 06:18 PM

I agree with BTMRR as my favorite at night. This is usually our last ride at closing time.

Then I like Storybook Canals and Jungle Cruise.

jcatron243 02-22-2013 06:41 PM

Grizzly River Run is great at night!

mysteriouspnai 02-22-2013 06:42 PM

One that I discovered during our last trip was Goofy's sky school during WoC. We happened to catch it during finale, and it's kind of nice to get a different perspective.

EmmersIsTheMommy 02-22-2013 06:43 PM

We LOVE Jungle Cruise at night. BTMRR is great too.

This year we plan to try Storybook boats and after this thread RSR!

Also, I ADORE bugs land at night. It's so cute. You can hear crickets and stuff. I think it's adorable :)

PinkBudgie 02-22-2013 06:48 PM

Big Thunder is our favorite too! It is way better at night and we've even noticed that some of the things you see are different at night than in the day.

dizneekrazee 02-22-2013 06:56 PM

We also love BTMMR at night. DS13 loves Jungle Cruise at night. I prefer Storybook land at dusk rather than night. Matterhorn is better at night too. I really want to ride RSR at night, we happened upon dusk with our FPs.

blackjackdelta 02-22-2013 06:57 PM

Big thunder ours also, and during the fireworks its spectacular.

Jack

lana772 02-22-2013 07:09 PM

Last trip we rode GRR at night. I thought it would be a freezing disaster, because it was a high of about 50 that day. BUT the DDs talked me into it. It was amazing! Totally different experience. We had never noticed all the sounds before. It was really like being on a river.
I should add that the fact we were staying at the GCH in a room 5 mins from the ride did help out. A definite must do if you are staying close or it's a warm night.

Lana :)

Midnightred 02-22-2013 07:17 PM

The Teacups are supposed to be pretty at night with all of the lanterns lit up.

Midnightred

PoohsFan1 02-22-2013 07:37 PM

This is such a great thread. I'm excited to try these rides out at night. We have ridden Jungle Cruise at night (at WDW) and love it, we won't ride it unless it is dark or near dark. Unfortunately we won't be able to ride BTMRR since it will be closed during our trip :sad:.

mysteriouspnai 02-22-2013 09:53 PM

Unfortunately BTMRR will be closed during OP's trip too, so I didn't want to say anything about it, but it's the best ride ever during fireworks :(

jodistrock 03-02-2013 11:34 AM

So sad

I am so sad that BTMRR is going to be closed during our DLR visit :mad: