The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Scallops? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3069216)

WDWFANCBIIIME 02-22-2013 02:43 PM

Scallops?
 
Hey guys my new favorite food has become Scallops (I'm trying to stay away from red meat) where are your favorite restaurants for scallops?

TDC Nala 02-22-2013 02:49 PM

The Scallop Forest at Raglan Road is awesome...it's considered an appetizer but I'll eat one myself.

They're breaded and fried so it might not work if you're looking for healthier seared scallops.

Smile&Nod 02-22-2013 02:50 PM

Teppan Edo has scallops as a choice on their menu - they are grilled and were very good.

sfbank 02-22-2013 02:56 PM

Flying Fish has really good scallops and I also agree with Teppan Edo. Artist Point has had good reviews for them. That is what I am going to have this year along with the portabello soup.:lovestruc

OKW Lover 02-22-2013 03:10 PM

We've enjoyed the seared sea scallops at Artist Point.

You can find out all the restaurants at WDW that offer scallops by using a great search feature here on the DIS. Near the top of this page is a dark blue menu bar. Hover over "Dining" and from the drop-down menu select "Menus". On that page use the search box to find restaurants offering scallops.

Mad Hattered 02-22-2013 03:13 PM

Here, I did it for you. Just click this link to find where scallops are served on property.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...&BuffetItem=No

MinnieLovesMickey12 02-22-2013 03:14 PM

My stepson had a steak and scallop dinner at T-Rex in DTD.

BEASLYBOO 02-22-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 47593156)
The Scallop Forest at Raglan Road is awesome...it's considered an appetizer but I'll eat one myself.They're breaded and fried so it might not work if you're looking for healthier seared scallops.

I have to 2nd that! They come to table, and boom, they quickly disappear! We get 2 orders (I travel with hungry 16 year olds/vacuum cleaners) They are accompanied by a tasty dipping sauce!

WDWFANCBIIIME 02-22-2013 03:27 PM

Awesome guys thanks so much! I have reservation at Artist point so that's what I'll get :)

Pakey 02-22-2013 04:32 PM

Probably the best dish at WDW, outside of Victoria & Alberts, is the scallop and pork rib appetizer at bluezoo. I think I've had all of the scallops listed here in this thread and that appetizer at bluezoo definitely beats them all. It's very rich so I always split it with someone or have it as my entree.

Robert P 02-23-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO (Post 47593476)
I have to 2nd that! They come to table, and boom, they quickly disappear! We get 2 orders (I travel with hungry 16 year olds/vacuum cleaners) They are accompanied by a tasty dipping sauce!

I'd add a 3rd as well. Excellent.

JimmyV 02-23-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakey (Post 47594191)
Probably the best dish at WDW, outside of Victoria & Alberts, is the scallop and pork rib appetizer at bluezoo. I think I've had all of the scallops listed here in this thread and that appetizer at bluezoo definitely beats them all. It's very rich so I always split it with someone or have it as my entree.

+1
Probably the best dish in all of WDW outside of V&A and better than the other scallop dishes mentioned in this thread. If the rib meat presents a problem, talk to your sever and ask them to make a scallop dish that is purely pescatarian. You won't be disappointed.

hotcarib 02-23-2013 03:17 PM

ITA w/PP Raglan Road's scallops and also Cooke's of Dublin are a must have for us!!!

tarheelmjfan 02-23-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakey (Post 47594191)
Probably the best dish at WDW, outside of Victoria & Alberts, is the scallop and pork rib appetizer at bluezoo. I think I've had all of the scallops listed here in this thread and that appetizer at bluezoo definitely beats them all. It's very rich so I always split it with someone or have it as my entree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyV (Post 47603380)
+1
Probably the best dish in all of WDW outside of V&A and better than the other scallop dishes mentioned in this thread. If the rib meat presents a problem, talk to your sever and ask them to make a scallop dish that is purely pescatarian. You won't be disappointed.

Another vote for the scallop appetizer at bluezoo. I agree with Jimmy. It's my favorite dish in all of WDW, V&A excluded (we haven't eaten there yet).

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not a big fan of fried foods. True to my southern roots, if I eat them, I like the breading to be crisp. That said, I didn't like the scallops at Raglan Road at all. I love scallops & thought this would be a safe choice. We'd eaten at RR previously & didn't enjoy the food. After reading all the great reviews, I was certain we would love the scallops. My DS & I shared the Appetizers D'Lirrah & a salad. He wouldn't eat the scallops either. We both thought they tasted soggy. WDW restaurants have a tendency to be inconsistent. It's possible we got them on an off day. If not, I definitely wouldn't order them again. Obviously, many people love them. It's possible it's just personal preference for us.

JZCubed 02-23-2013 03:38 PM

I know that your trying to avoid red meat, but blueZoo inside Dolphin has a Scallop w/ Short Rib appetizer that is sublime.

Enjoy!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.