The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Best Signature Restaurant - Poll (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3069044)

Arsenal1982 02-22-2013 10:15 AM

Best Signature Restaurant - Poll

What do you consider the best signature restaurant?

Pakey 02-22-2013 10:21 AM

I picked Citricos because you only listed those restaurants on the dining plan. Citricos would actually come in number 4 of all signature dining at WDW.

Arsenal1982 02-22-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakey (Post 47590062)
I picked Citricos because you only listed those restaurants on the dining plan. Citricos would actually come in number 4 of all signature dining at WDW.

Signature Dining is a DDP term. V&A doesn't count. Not sure what other ones I didn't include.

Ron from Michigan 02-22-2013 10:39 AM

California Grill.

BEASLYBOO 02-22-2013 11:04 AM

I picked Citricos from the list but thankfully never participate in the DDP so my actual favorite/best rest. at this time are: Bluezoo, Il Mulino, Sanaa.

I hope to try the new Monsieur Paul on our next visit, maybe it will make the best list too!

cdepauli 02-22-2013 04:34 PM

I picked Citricos but my favorite restaurant on property is bluezoo.

Sweet Melissa 02-22-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsenal1982 (Post 47590137)
Signature Dining is a DDP term. V&A doesn't count. Not sure what other ones I didn't include.

It's not just a dining plan term. It's a restaurant tier term. Disney considers Bluezoo, Il Mulino, Shula's and I believe Kimonos to be signature dining too, even though the Swan and Dolphin restaurants don't take the dining plan.

JessicaKnits 02-22-2013 05:22 PM

I chose California Grill because I think their sushi is absolutely outstanding. I was devastated to read somewhere that Yoshi is retiring and a little apprehensive to see the new menu.

I think it is important to know what you are looking for in a Signature though. I would choose California Grill for the food, but other than the amazing views and being able to see Wishes, its a little lacking on the atmosphere side of things. It has an open kitchen and I personally have always found it really loud in there. Certainly not somewhere you would go for a quiet conversation.

goofy78 04-30-2013 06:41 PM

Searching for some info and came upon this poll. I have always wanted to try California Grill and my last two trips I have booked then cancelled :eek: a reservation there. I am planning on booking there for our upcoming trip in November but IPO recommended that I have a backup just in case they are not accepting reservations at my 180 days. So I put Flying Fish as my back up. Now I'm reading very positive reviews of Flying Fish and am a little apprehensive to book California Grill with out knowing what their new menu is going to look like. Any advice from anyone who has eaten at both of these restaurants or who is in the same boat?