The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   When was Monster Inc released on blu ray? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3068716)

Sgt Mickey 02-21-2013 03:42 PM

When was Monster Inc released on blu ray?
 
Before this past Tues?
I didn't think I had it on blu ray and I went and bought it and I have ALREADY opened it and put it my movie reward points. SO today I am putting away that and Peter Pan with my other Disney movies and guess what I found. Another copy of Monsters Inc on blu ray.:eek::headache:
I don't even remember buying it.:headache:

Sgt Mickey 02-21-2013 05:26 PM

Not one in 52 people know:confused3:confused3

tvguy 02-21-2013 05:43 PM

I typed your question in Google. According to Amazon, November 10 2009.
Google is your friend.

Sgt Mickey 02-21-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvguy (Post 47584303)
I typed your question in Google. According to Amazon, November 10 2009.
Google is your friend.

I thought Diser's were my friends:sad:

lizabu 02-21-2013 06:36 PM

I have to double check all the time because I can never remember which movies I already have and which ones I don't. They rerelease them after a few years and its hard to remember. Plus I think it has something to do with I had a big collection of Disney VHS movies and then my VCR broke and I decided to switch to DVD. I sent all the VHS tapes to my Moms for the kids to watch when they were over there. So then I will think I bought a movie which I did but on VHS and not on DVD.

So when you entered the code did it work? Maybe you can sell the movie if you already had it? I don't think you can bring back something like that once its open but I'm not sure.

MotifNumberOne 02-21-2013 07:04 PM

http://www.justloledyou.com/wp-conte...2012-15349.jpg

Sgt Mickey 02-22-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizabu (Post 47584821)
I have to double check all the time because I can never remember which movies I already have and which ones I don't. They rerelease them after a few years and its hard to remember. Plus I think it has something to do with I had a big collection of Disney VHS movies and then my VCR broke and I decided to switch to DVD. I sent all the VHS tapes to my Moms for the kids to watch when they were over there. So then I will think I bought a movie which I did but on VHS and not on DVD.

So when you entered the code did it work? Maybe you can sell the movie if you already had it? I don't think you can bring back something like that once its open but I'm not sure.

It did. I wonder if because one if a platinum edition and one isn't. I need some kind of system so when I go to buy a movie I have a spread out sheet:rotfl:

Sgt Mickey 02-22-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotifNumberOne (Post 47585059)

Gee thanks.:rolleyes:


Honestly I was hoping not for a date but more like hey yay remember it was also released with such and such or I remember when it released because they had a give away. Something to jog my memory of buying it.

Micca 02-22-2013 10:33 AM

Sgt. Mickey I know where you're coming from. I saw a commercial for Monsters Inc blu-ray and thought--wait a minute--I already have that on blu-ray. I don't have 3D capability so I didn't purchase the new edition.

I was surprised recently when I discovered some titles that got released on blu-ray that I knew nothing about. Among them Treasure Planet and Pocohontas. How'd I miss those?

Also, I noticed that there are more Disney titles coming on 3/12: Mulan, Roger Rabbit, and...one more I'm forgetting right now.

With physical media declining in popularity I'm guesing that we'll see all the critical titles released on blu ray soon. Disney doesn't like to miss an opportunity to sell something multiple times.:earsboy:

Sgt Mickey 02-22-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micca (Post 47590214)
Sgt. Mickey I know where you're coming from. I saw a commercial for Monsters Inc blu-ray and thought--wait a minute--I already have that on blu-ray. I don't have 3D capability so I didn't purchase the new edition.

I was surprised recently when I discovered some titles that got released on blu-ray that I knew nothing about. Among them Treasure Planet and Pocohontas. How'd I miss those?

Also, I noticed that there are more Disney titles coming on 3/12: Mulan, Roger Rabbit, and...one more I'm forgetting right now.

With physical media declining in popularity I'm guesing that we'll see all the critical titles released on blu ray soon. Disney doesn't like to miss an opportunity to sell something multiple times.:earsboy:

I didn't know Treasure Planet came out. BUT Pochohontas was recent I know it wasn't that long ago I bought it. I did start going to movie stop and they will tell me all the disney movies coming out. Brother Bear and The Hunchback of Notre Dame will also be released then. AND A little Mermaid I think they said this summer?

Micca 02-22-2013 11:12 AM

Hunchback! That's the third one I was thinking of along with Roger Rabbit and Mulan. Hunchback is a seriously overlooked movie--the animation is brilliant and the music is excellent. Brother Bear...I have the DVD. While it has its moments, I don't know that a blu-ray upgrade is a must for me on that title. Mermaid & Aladdin are two major films not upgraded yet. Tarzan and Hercules are second tier movies that may never make it to blu-ray. :earsboy:

Sgt Mickey 02-22-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micca (Post 47590739)
Hunchback! That's the third one I was thinking of along with Roger Rabbit and Mulan. Hunchback is a seriously overlooked movie--the animation is brilliant and the music is excellent. Brother Bear...I have the DVD. While it has its moments, I don't know that a blu-ray upgrade is a must for me on that title. Mermaid & Aladdin are two major films not upgraded yet. Tarzan and Hercules are second tier movies that may never make it to blu-ray. :earsboy:

The Brother Bear blu ray will have 1 and 2 on it. Not that 2 is that great but:rotfl:

I like Tarzan pretty cute. BUt I can't wait for Aladdin. I love Robin Williams in it.

elgerber 02-22-2013 11:56 AM

I just bought Monsters Inc on Blu Ray on Wed. I havent' opened it, thank goodness, because I bet I have it too. It's one of my favorites.
I'm going to text my son and have him go look.

Sgt Mickey 02-22-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgerber (Post 47591228)
I just bought Monsters Inc on Blu Ray on Wed. I havent' opened it, thank goodness, because I bet I have it too. It's one of my favorites.
I'm going to text my son and have him go look.

The funny thing I I bought it called my husband I bought it he didn't say anything. I made the discovery and I told him and he said oh I know we had it. Welll why didn't you say anything before:rotfl: oh I thought it was a different one.

elgerber 02-22-2013 12:42 PM

Thank you so much for posting this, I do have it already too LOL!!! Now I can take back the one I just bought! What a dummy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.