The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Spa Info (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3068518)

RGLakatos 02-21-2013 10:57 AM

Spa Info

Is there any possibility to do a massage on the Dream with my daughter?? I know they have a separate area, I think, for preteens to have massages, etc. but my daughter is a huge daddy's girl and I think she would enjoy a massage more if she got one with me.....

lanejudy 02-21-2013 11:37 AM

Other than possibly manicure or pedicure in the salon, I'm not sure there's spa services available for pre-teens - the Chill Spa is for teens ages 13-17. They offer mother/daughter and father/son treatments, but I'm not sure if they would allow father/daughter.

RGLakatos 02-21-2013 01:30 PM

Thanks for the info....I wish more businesses would do things catered to the father/daughter. I have full custody of my daughter and we basically only have each other. It would be nice to see Disney do something special for families with my circumstance.

wendyoconnor 02-21-2013 01:53 PM

It wouldn't hurt to ask after you get on board.

lanejudy 02-21-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGLakatos (Post 47580897)
Thanks for the info....I wish more businesses would do things catered to the father/daughter. I have full custody of my daughter and we basically only have each other. It would be nice to see Disney do something special for families with my circumstance.

The main challenge with the spa idea is that you indicated your DD is a "pre-teen" and she's simply too young for the spa. If I misunderstood and she is at least 13, then you can certainly ask about a father-daughter spa treatment. My main thought is there could be concerns about privacy (for other guests who may not want to encounter a parent of a different gender during such times). I have never been in the Chill Spa and don't know where they do parent-child treatments - if there's separate areas for boys and girls or it would be the same hallways and rooms and possible to run into an opposite-gender parent anyway, so your idea may not a problem.

There are PLENTY of other activities onboard, plus excursions, for a father-daughter pair. Each day while I had some quiet time by myself, my DH and DD had a terrific time together, and I'm sure you and your DD will too.

Enjoy your cruise!

PrincessAbby'sMom 02-21-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGLakatos

And it never hurts to ask! The worse they can tell you is no! Good luck!!