The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Magic or Dream (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3068460)

BubMunkeyBles 02-21-2013 09:32 AM

Magic or Dream
 
For our family (6 of us going) it would cost about $600 more to cruise on the Dream. Our kids will be 3 and 4 at the time. They have never cruised before, my husband and I have cruised before but not Disney. Itineraries are exactly the same. A part of me feels our kids are so small and with only one sea day anyways the Magic makes more sense. Everyone will have something new regardless kind of thing... but I keep doubting myself. Which would you choose and why? I feel so indecisive and it's driving me crazy.

jdb in AZ 02-21-2013 09:36 AM

Either is a good choice, but I would choose the Magic. It's a smaller ship, quicker to get from one end to the other, fewer people, and cheaper. Save the Dream for when the kids are older and will have more fun on the Aqua Duck and doing the Midship Detectives.

DisneyOHFan 02-21-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdb in AZ (Post 47577735)
Either is a good choice, but I would choose the Magic. It's a smaller ship, quicker to get from one end to the other, fewer people, and cheaper. Save the Dream for when the kids are older and will have more fun on the Aqua Duck and doing the Midship Detectives.

Agree 100%. We love the Magic.

1153rsmith 02-21-2013 10:02 AM

We have been on both and love both. With your children's ages, I think the Magic would be the better choice. It is smaller, but still very nice. Since it is smaller the pool area won't be quite as crowded as the Dream. If you are planning this for after the Dry dock this fall, they put some of the new amenities onboard the Magic like the enchanted art. They would really like that.

Characters and staff are great on both ships.

Happy sailing!

BubMunkeyBles 02-21-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1153rsmith (Post 47578053)
We have been on both and love both. With your children's ages, I think the Magic would be the better choice. It is smaller, but still very nice. Since it is smaller the pool area won't be quite as crowded as the Dream. If you are planning this for after the Dry dock this fall, they put some of the new amenities onboard the Magic like the enchanted art. They would really like that.

Characters and staff are great on both ships.

Happy sailing!

I had no clue it was going to drydock! We're looking at January 2014 so that will be nice. :)

Thanks so much for helping make it an easier decision.

Bear3412 02-21-2013 10:16 AM

But... doesn't the Dream have a great splash/spray area for the little ones?

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...ls/nemos-reef/

Doesn't the Dream have the Detective game with animated art work.

Just a dissenting view. Isn't bigger better. :)

loveysbydesign 02-21-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear3412 (Post 47578240)
But... doesn't the Dream have a great splash/spray area for the little ones?

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...ls/nemos-reef/

Doesn't the Dream have the Detective game with animated art work.

Just a dissenting view. Isn't bigger better. :)

Yes...it does. My then 4 y'o. loved the Nemo splash area and was just 1 inch too short to ride the aquaduck. So if you have taller children they could be tall enough to ride the AD with an adult. all my kis loved the midship det. agency!

QuiltTeddy 02-21-2013 10:23 AM

While the Dream was a nice ship, with many additional items, we much prefer the smaller Magic!

stsomewhere 02-21-2013 10:44 AM

We prefer the smaller ships.

WeLoveDisneyAlways 02-21-2013 10:51 AM

Your kids are so young go with the magic. We were debating the same thing for our January 2014 cruise in the end we went with the dream only because of the aquaduck, I don't think that applies to your situation. Your kids will have a blast any ship there on.

OKW Lover 02-21-2013 11:09 AM

We have been on both ships. With small children (or even big ones) I'd go with the Dream simply because of the AquaDuck. Add to that the newer ship amenities and the detective agency stuff and you've got a winner for children.

BubMunkeyBles 02-21-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKW Lover (Post 47578886)
We have been on both ships. With small children (or even big ones) I'd go with the Dream simply because of the AquaDuck. Add to that the newer ship amenities and the detective agency stuff and you've got a winner for children.

Maybe I'll wait to see what all they add at drydock?

Kim&Chris 02-21-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdb in AZ (Post 47577735)
Either is a good choice, but I would choose the Magic. It's a smaller ship, quicker to get from one end to the other, fewer people, and cheaper. Save the Dream for when the kids are older and will have more fun on the Aqua Duck and doing the Midship Detectives.

Totally agree.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.