The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Silly question about pop and ice tea (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3068245)

phillmolly 02-20-2013 07:42 PM

Silly question about pop and ice tea

Getting ready for our first cruise and I have few questions about drinks...

What kind of pop do they have? Coke or pepsi (yuck!)

Is the ice tea fresh brewed or does it come out of the fountain?

Also, water, I know there is a charge for bottled water, but what kind is it, aquafina or dasani or some fancy spring water. Also is there free water on board? Is it filtered water?

Thank you!

jdb in AZ 02-20-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillmolly (Post 47573304)

What kind of pop do they have? Coke or pepsi (yuck!) Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite. No Dr. Pepper.

Also, water, I know there is a charge for bottled water, but what kind is it, aquafina or dasani or some fancy spring water. Also is there free water on board? Is it filtered water? Water onboard is very filtered using reverse osmosis -- the ship makes its own drinkable water from the ocean. I'm trying to remember the brand of bottled water. It's either aquafina or similar, but over-priced! You can haul on your own in your carry-on luggage.

Thank you!

Have fun!

PrincessShmoo 02-20-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillmolly (Post 47573304)

What kind of pop do they have? Coke or pepsi (yuck!)

Also, water, I know there is a charge for bottled water, but what kind is it, aquafina or dasani or some fancy spring water. Also is there free water on board? Is it filtered water?

Thank you!

Coke products onboard.

Fresh brewed iced tea in the MDRs. Instant tea from the drink stations.

All the water onboard (for food prep, ice, showers, from the tap in the bathroom, from the drink station, served in MDRs) is processed the same as bottled water (reverse osmosis and filtered). I believe the bottled water onboard is Evian (at least that's what's pictured on the website).

lbgraves 02-20-2013 07:57 PM

Yes the bottled water on board is Evian. Always remember that because of one of the comedians who pointed out that it spells Naive backwards. ;)

phillmolly 02-20-2013 08:03 PM

Thank you for the fast replies! Helps put me at ease knowing I will have something onboard to drink, since I am a bit picky when it comes to pop and ice tea!

slatterie 02-20-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillmolly (Post 47573535)
Thank you for the fast replies! Helps put me at ease knowing I will have something onboard to drink, since I am a bit picky when it comes to pop and ice tea!

I am equally picky about soda..dislike coke products (yuck ;)) so will bring some non-coke product on board and drink more tea/water. Need to lessen my soda intake anyway so maybe this will motivate me.

believinthemagic 02-20-2013 10:35 PM

We r big tea drinkers but don't like the tea from the machines. Like pp said tea in dining rooms is fresh brewed. What we did at the drink station was make hot tea (they always have hot water & assorted tea bags out) and then pour it over ice.

I think you can also order tea from room service and its fresh brewed.