The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Half term highs and lows (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3068032)

micksn 02-20-2013 12:40 PM

Half term highs and lows

Just back from 3 fabulous nights at Cheyenne. There were 7 of us and we got our requested adjoining rooms in Doc Holiday building. My brother in law drove for the first time since easyjet no longer fly from Newcastle. The journey was good, 13 hours to get there! We broke the return journey with a stop over at my sisters near London. :thumbsup2

Highs

The weather - very cold, but bright and sunny. Tuesday was warmer with a beautiful blue sky.
Hotel Cheyenne - we loved it! Great rooms near to river so walk to parks was really quick. We asked for extra pillows which were sent straight away. Kettle in room, the alarm on our phone worked and the rooms were clean. Yes it's getting a bit old, but it was cosy and comfy!
Studios - Had our most successful morning ever there. Everything was working (Crush and RnR) Fastpasses available in the morning (They were only available from 12.00 in October) Got everything done we wanted to do by 12.30.
Plaza Gardens- Lovely buffet meal with attentive waiter who refilled our drinks regularly, good value for money! We also went for breakfast and had a nice table in conservatory, lovely fresh fruit and better choice than Cheyenne.

Dreams, the parades, dinner at Annettes, Earl of Sandwich and seeing the park in the sunshine were also highs.

Lows

On Sunday night the park was open till 10, but lots of attractions were closed; BTM, Indie, Fantasyland, Pirates (difficult to fill our time waiting for Dreams)
Toilets closed in Fantasyland (we saw a man relieving himself next to these - urgh):sad2:
Queues at ticket booth on Tuesday morning to collect sun voucher tickets (we missed most of EMH's) Also queues at annual pass office on Sunday (My DSis had prepaid vouchers to exchange, it took ages!)

We had a great trip on a fairly good budget - now when can we go back? :rotfl:

DLPdaft 02-20-2013 01:06 PM

welcome back :).

I saw the queues outside the ticket booths at both parks, and the AP office on Saturday and Sunday - scary!

We also spent a lot of time in the Studios this trip, because POTC was down, BTM was temperamental, and my DD isn't really interested in Fantasyland rides any more.

Good to hear you enjoyed the Plaza Gardens, and your stay at the Cheyenne. And yes, get planning for another trip :goodvibes.

Rosabelle 02-20-2013 01:43 PM

Welcome back :goodvibes

We too were gobsmacked at the queues on Saturday morning :scared1:!
This was our first time in plaza gardens and we were really impressed with it too :thumbsup2

Looking forward to your tr :thumbsup2

NPB 02-20-2013 01:53 PM

Welcome back!
Good to hear some positivity about the Cheyenne, it's been getting bad reports recently on here!

Can I ask about the food in plaza gardens please.
What type of food did you have for lunch?
Also what type for breakfast? Did you request breakfast in park instead of Cheyenne?

micksn 02-20-2013 02:00 PM

We had the dinner buffet at Plaza Gardens. Lovely salad bar and mussels, carvery ham, delicious chicken curry, rice, potato gratin etc Pancakes and lots of different tarts for desert. We had the option that included soft drinks and we had a small carafe of wine for 7 euro. With shareholder discount we paid 21 euros each which I thought was really good value.
Yes we requested breakfast in the park instead of Cheyenne and as it is equivalent to a SL or NPB breakfast it was nicer and a lovely setting.

NPB 02-20-2013 04:12 PM

Fab, thanks for feedback!

What time did you have breakfast in park? Was it EMH?
Sounds great!

tennisfan 02-20-2013 04:55 PM

Welcome back:)

sky13 02-20-2013 06:06 PM

Glad to hear you had a good stay at the Cheyenne!

That is also an impressively long drive down...

Plaza Gardens also sounds great - the food sounds delicious (mussels and potato gratin and pancakes!)...

Disneyfanswicklow 02-21-2013 05:38 PM

Welcome back........more highs...thats always good! Looking forward to your trip report! ;)

Isila 02-22-2013 02:29 AM

Welcome back. Glad to hear a happy review about Plaza Gardens. Can't wait to have a meal there.