The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland (California) (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What are your Disneyland "traditions"? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067982)

tdhickey 02-20-2013 12:34 PM

What are your Disneyland "traditions"?

Talking about the things you have established a tradition of doing every trip you go to the park...

For us it these happen every time:

1) First ride of the trip, no matter what the line, is Pirates of the Caribbean

2) Eating at the Blue Bayou once a trip

3) Splash Mountain ride photo

4) Skipping to the park at least a little on the first day once we cross Harbour Boulevard and can hear the music on the way to the security gate

5) We always buy at least 1 park t-shirt each per trip

What are some of your traditions?

basketballmom 02-20-2013 12:38 PM

Every year, we debate what to ride first...vow to do something different...and every year, we head straight to Big Thunder. :lmao: I honestly don't know what we will do this trip since BT is closed!

We always eat breakfast at Carnation Cafe and talk to Oscar.

We take some time and sit on one of the porches on Main Street.

mysteriouspnai 02-20-2013 01:25 PM

Before we got APs, DBF and I would get a Character Sketch every trip. Our other tradition is saying good night to Walt before we leave the park for the night.

elaw 02-20-2013 01:27 PM

Toy Story Midway Mania is our must do .... and now and additionally, RSR.

wdwmickey 02-20-2013 01:30 PM

The last attraction we always do is the walk through of Sleeping Beauty Castle and then a slow walk down Main Street stopping at the firehouse to look up at Walt's window and say thanks!

Rubygoose 02-20-2013 01:30 PM

On our first trip we had a nice family pic taken with Minnie at the doorway of her house. Got a nice frame for it - wooden one with mickey heads in the corners.
The next year, I wanted to get the same pic, but Minnie's house was closed. But we got a nice one with Mickey and got the same frame.
This year we're going to do the birthday party, so hoping to get a pic with both Mickey and Minnie, and again, get the same frame.

Midnightred 02-20-2013 01:42 PM

We did not have any traditions going to Disneyland as a kid, but now that I have taken my own family once, we can start our own.
Riding the Firetruck and ringing the bell will be one of them. My 2 boys loved that!
We want to get the Mickey helium balloons again, they keep all week in the room.
The boys love to do the Dumbos, Teacups, and then Alice everyday first thing. We might have to switch that one up this time! :teacher:

Midnightred

damiel 02-20-2013 01:46 PM

For us we always eat Mickey Mouse pancakes at the River Belle Terrace and get a photo of my now 16 yo son holding up his plate to show the pancake. We go every year so it is fun to see him grow and the pancake stays the same.

We also get a silhouette done of our son. We have 12 hanging on the family room wall.

For my DH it is a frozen bannana:banana:. For my son it is a turkey leg and for me it is a Dole Whip Float.

We also ride BTMRR once in the day and once in the dark. We too are bumbed that the "Wildest ride in the wilderness" is closed.

We play I spy to see who sees the first Mickey balloon floating in the clouds.

hjgaus 02-20-2013 02:16 PM

Traditions = FOOD
My kids LOVE that really HUGE peanut butter square!
My husband HAS to have ICECREAM from any of the icecream shops ONLY from the parks!
I LOVE my chocolate covered pretzel stick!
All together we agree on beignets from JAZZ Brennen's!!

kirstie101 02-20-2013 02:18 PM

For our annual family trip we always go to Goofy's Kitchen for dinner the night we arrive. Its a good way to get our trip started with a little Disney magic without having to go into the parks.

Swtonscrappn 02-20-2013 02:23 PM

In our family, it is a tradition if we have done it three times (that's our rule ;D). So since we haven't gone the third time yet (family trip scheduled for OCT), nothing is set in stone.

HOWEVER...
we are working towards:
Eating in the La Brea Bakery the first night we get in (before our day at the park);
First full Sunday we do DL exclusive and Monday we do DCA;
We take one day of our trip each time to visit another attraction in Southern California.

Each morning at DL we always do Space Mountain and then Star Tours...every single morning LOL

ManusDei 02-20-2013 03:15 PM

Depending on park schedules, DGF and I always watch F! and WoC, since F! is her fave and WoC is mine. Fireworks used to also be part of that before we got APs, now they are more of a "if we can fit it in conveniently", after having watched it the first time we tend not to care as much. A meal at CO also used to be a tradition, again before we got APs and started trying new food places.

As far as rides, Indy, BTMRR, Buzz, TSMM, and now RSR and MJJ are pretty much rides we must always hit. ST and SM have lately been on backburner, surprisingly.

sock2you 02-20-2013 03:24 PM

Dh's family pulled me into their traditions.

1.Have breakfast at Carnation Cafe at leat once.

2.Eat as many churro's as you can

lana772 02-20-2013 03:48 PM

Have a lunch at Blue Bayou.
Ride in the front seat of the monorail.
Our breakfast on the last day of our trip is ALWAYS Rainforest Cafe.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DISBoards

californiamomof4grls 02-20-2013 03:50 PM

A character breakfast the first full day morning! Then we go straight to Jungle Cruise! Then over to Fantasyland! We have to have our Churros, Frozen Bananas and Tigger Tails! There a few pics we have to take every year too! :thumbsup2