The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   BLT Two Bedroom booked for December? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067626)

meredith1 02-19-2013 06:46 PM

BLT Two Bedroom booked for December?

Out of curiosity I went to the Disney site to see if two bedrooms were booked for the first week of December, 2013. It says no two bedrooms are available-either lake or theme park view. Can this be true?

rlovew 02-19-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meredith1 (Post 47560200)
Out of curiosity I went to the Disney site to see if two bedrooms were booked for the first week of December, 2013. It says no two bedrooms are available-either lake or theme park view. Can this be true?

Since the resort is a Disney timeshare and it is almost completely sold out there will be very few rooms available for non DVC use. Disney only retains about 5% of the resorts and they have to take any villas for maintenance out for there share. Since that week is very popular with members and I think about booked up in many categories for some nights of that week it seems highly probable that there may not be rooms available for cash nights during that time. I just checked points availability and there are no 2 bedrooms in any category available for the whole first week. Each view has 1-2 nights but not more than that so I can't believe they would have cash reservations when the 7 months window hasn't even hit.

MinnieGirl33 02-19-2013 07:12 PM

Not only possible but probable for quite some time. I would expect a few days here & there but to get anything more than 3-4 nights in a row would surprise me.

The first week of December is one of THE busiest for DVC. Typically, the entire resort is booked within days of the 11 month window opening. It is a small resort with only 295 units with a max of 428 (meaning if every studio & 1BR were booked as such & not combined to make a 2BR). We purchased at BLT specifically to be able to book that week.

It is possible you might get lucky and catch a cancellation around 31-60 days out - DVC turns over any units not booked by members to WDTCo at 60 for booking by general public & 30 days is the deadline for members to cancel without their points being sent into holding.

I would also try looking for 1-2 nights at a time OR the second week opens up a bit compared to the first.

Magic3forme 02-19-2013 08:45 PM

Yes it can be full. We are booked for NYE and there are no 2 bd available the 30-1. I booked 11 mos in advance just to secure our room.
the month of Dec is crazy at BLT -- the first 2 weeks are a huge time for DVC. as well as Christmas and New years.

sometimes there are cancellations around the 7 mos mark. (people are switching to different resorts.)