The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Room request dilemma (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067093)

delux 02-18-2013 09:45 PM

Room request dilemma
 
I am checking in this Friday, yay! Staying at POR with my old college roommate. Normally we wouldn't care about room requests so I paid for "standard room" But a friend of mine will be joining us for one night so now we may need the Murphy Bed.
So if I request a room with a Murphy Bed are we going to end up way in the back of the resort (translation very far from MORNING COFFEE) Not that I wouldn't be that close to begin with because like I said, I did not pay for a preferred room (close to coffee, lol)
I looked at a couple of threads but I couldn't figure out what buildings have the Murphy beds.

Missyrose 02-18-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delux
I am checking in this Friday, yay! Staying at POR with my old college roommate. Normally we wouldn't care about room requests so I paid for "standard room" But a friend of mine will be joining us for one night so now we may need the Murphy Bed.
So if I request a room with a Murphy Bed are we going to end up way in the back of the resort (translation very far from MORNING COFFEE) Not that I wouldn't be that close to begin with because like I said, I did not pay for a preferred room (close to coffee, lol)
I looked at a couple of threads but I couldn't figure out what buildings have the Murphy beds.

From all photos and reports, the Murphy bed really won't work for an adult. Could one of you just share a regular bed with another on the one night you have the third person there?

Apopper74 02-18-2013 09:54 PM

Why don't you call and see if there are any upgrades available or you could try at check-in.

MommytoCaitlyn 02-18-2013 09:56 PM

We ended up with a Murphy bed on our last trip (we didn't need it) but I pulled it down just to see. I am 5'3" tall and I just barely fit on it, and I don't think I would have gotten one bit of sleep if I would have had to sleep on it. We were in Alligator Bayou section, building 15 I think.

delux 02-18-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommytoCaitlyn (Post 47550227)
We ended up with a Murphy bed on our last trip (we didn't need it) but I pulled it down just to see. I am 5'3" tall and I just barely fit on it, and I don't think I would have gotten one bit of sleep if I would have had to sleep on it. We were in Alligator Bayou section, building 15 I think.

Oh, I didn't realize they were that small, yikes. So I guess I don't have to ask for one and will just try to get a room as close as possible. I hope to stay in the mansions but it really doesn't matter too much.

Sue M 02-18-2013 10:47 PM

Love the Mansion section. I'd request Acadian House or magnolia Terrace, near bridge to Old Man Island side of building. Your coffee is just across this bridge and a short walk around main pool :goodvibes. There is also a coffee maker in the room.

The rooms have queen beds. But if you are uncomfortable sharing, is it possible for the person joining you to bring an air mattress? Just a thought. An adult won't be comfy in the Murphy bed, as mentioned. So no point requesting Alligator Bayou.

quietgirll 02-18-2013 10:57 PM

The ,Murphy beds are ONLY in the alligator bayou rooms, not the mansions. Check out Portorleans.org and the POR thread on this board if you need more info about locations...

rcraw45425 02-19-2013 10:25 AM

can you request a roll away and pay the daily fee? Also, there will be a fee for the third adult in the room too

Deb & Bill 02-19-2013 10:32 AM

The Murphy Bed is 5.5' by 2.5'. In other word, small kid sized.

JennyDrake 02-19-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcraw45425 (Post 47554130)
can you request a roll away and pay the daily fee? Also, there will be a fee for the third adult in the room too

I would vote for this option as well.

I have a Pooh sized friend who HAS slept on the Murphy bed and declared it "not bad", but I dunno.

Another time I was in a similar situation as you that a third party was going to join us. I was told 2 check in that I could not request a Murphy bed unless I had three people on the reservation or update the reservation to show 3 people.

danceintherain 02-19-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcraw45425 (Post 47554130)
can you request a roll away and pay the daily fee? Also, there will be a fee for the third adult in the room too

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyDrake (Post 47554394)
I would vote for this option as well.

I have a Pooh sized friend who HAS slept on the Murphy bed and declared it "not bad", but I dunno.

Another time I was in a similar situation as you that a third party was going to join us. I was told 2 check in that I could not request a Murphy bed unless I had three people on the reservation or update the reservation to show 3 people.

From my understanding, Port Orleans no longer has the option of rollaways, since they added the queen sized beds.

For our trip in April to French Quarter, we're planning on bringing an air mattress for our son, so none of the adults have to sleep with a kicker.

The murphy bed dimensions are 63 inches by 30 inches, so they can accommodate anyone around 5 feet or shorter.

Missytara 02-19-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcraw45425 (Post 47554130)
can you request a roll away and pay the daily fee? Also, there will be a fee for the third adult in the room too

The rollaways were done away with when they went from double to queen beds; they no longer fit.

And while the extra adult fee would apply, most likely for just one night, they will waive it.

I have had friends stay one night two times and they didn't even charge me for it.

nkereina 02-19-2013 02:49 PM

The murphy beds are meant for children 12 and under. The only way to guarantee you get a room with a murphy bed is to book a preferred room, since all preferred rooms are in AB and all rooms in AB have the murphy bed. Otherwise, you may or may not get one since it would just be a request. Families of 5 who have a need for the murphy bed would take priority.

ETA: do king rooms in AB have murphy beds out of curiosity? I said all rooms but now I'm curious! OP - this is of no concern to you, since you would have had to book the king category to get a king bed.

Missytara 02-19-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkereina (Post 47557407)
The murphy beds are meant for children 12 and under. The only way to guarantee you get a room with a murphy bed is to book a preferred room, since all preferred rooms are in AB and all rooms in AB have the murphy bed. Otherwise, you may or may not get one since it would just be a request. Families of 5 who have a need for the murphy bed would take priority.

ETA: do king rooms in AB have murphy beds out of curiosity? I said all rooms but now I'm curious! OP - this is of no concern to you, since you would have had to book the king category to get a king bed.

We have been discussing that on the POR thread; it doesn't really make sense to provide a king bed and murphy for rooms that they say are a family of 5. However, it has been stated that AB has king bed rooms.

Luckily for us, Andre is there this week and he is checking into it.

JennyDrake 02-19-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missytara (Post 47556045)
The rollaways were done away with when they went from double to queen beds; they no longer fit.

.

Thanks for posting--I did not know this!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.