The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The College Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Points (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066804)

Musings 02-18-2013 01:33 PM

So I messed up clocking out twice in a row, the new fangled system is a bit confusing when you're sick and ill and just want out at 4 AM. So I now have a total of 1 point, if I make sure to clock out correctly from now on, I should still be okay right? Since I am new and I quit making the mistake?

leeg229 02-18-2013 02:04 PM

They updated CDS? Anyway, 1 point in the grand scheme of things, is really insignificant. You'll be fine :thumbsup2

Musings 02-18-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeg229 (Post 47544809)
They updated CDS? Anyway, 1 point in the grand scheme of things, is really insignificant. You'll be fine :thumbsup2

Not sure when you went but from what I've heard the new way of clocking in and out is different from the old - yes.

BigDreamer 02-20-2013 02:19 AM

In regards to CDS changing, depends on your job. Photpass has always used CDS and so we haven't changed, but I know some roles are switching over from wall clocks to CDS.

But yes, you'll totally be fine. Just don't call out of work too many times :)

Musings 02-20-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDreamer (Post 47563786)
In regards to CDS changing, depends on your job. Photpass has always used CDS and so we haven't changed, but I know some roles are switching over from wall clocks to CDS.

But yes, you'll totally be fine. Just don't call out of work too many times :)

I haven't called out of work yet, though been coughing all over guests. Which does bring up a question. Yesterday, I happened to go to work and unfortunately got ill enough, one of those illnesses that mean you're in the bathroom most of the time. I didn't call in sick but managed to make it halfway through my shift. The manager said I would receive a ROS. Is this bad? I did go with it because it looked like my illness wasn't going away, if I had lasted 6 hours instead of just 4 (of my 8) would it have been a different situation? I know it goes on my record card without any points.

I can deal with losing my voice, but not sure how people would've reacted if I had to constantly leave every 30-45 minutes since I was on a register and a closing shift to boot.

And yeah, we're using CDS (I'm trying to remember mickey's hand strikes the clock to remember to clock out correctly). In training, we mostly used wall clocks.

leeg229 02-20-2013 12:50 PM

I wouldn't say an ROS is bad, but it's not good either. It goes on your record card but you get no points for it. It's a way for your managers to see how many times you've gone home early because of illness. If they see a bunch of ROS on your record card then next time they may not let you go home. If you have a leader that likes you you might be able to persuade them to give you and ER instead of ROS if it happens again.

Musings 02-20-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeg229 (Post 47567858)
I wouldn't say an ROS is bad, but it's not good either. It goes on your record card but you get no points for it. It's a way for your managers to see how many times you've gone home early because of illness. If they see a bunch of ROS on your record card then next time they may not let you go home. If you have a leader that likes you you might be able to persuade them to give you and ER instead of ROS if it happens again.

I have no intentions of getting a ROS ever again. Just don't have many options given I was new. I would assume if I had constantly been going to the bathroom, that would've caused performance issues to be written up. So it is essentially the same as the points - as long as you don't earn a ton of them, you should be fine?