The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ticket "deals" at the gate (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066784)

conniehar90 02-18-2013 11:54 AM

Ticket "deals" at the gate

So, I was at a party this weekend with a friend who is going to Disney in March. I am the resident know-it-all for Disney and this friend has only been 2 times in the past 10 years.

She told me, in her best "betcha didn't know this" voice, that you can get 10 3 day park hoppers at the gate for just about $1,000. She is insisting that her friend did this last year and heard about this "deal" from another friend who lives in Florida and knows all the ins and outs about Disney.

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me, but thought I would throw it out to see what others have to say. I had to hear - "See, I told you something you didn't know" and I hate that! Ha!

Herfnerd 02-18-2013 11:58 AM

Hmmm...another "heard it from a friend's friend story"......

appleorchard 02-18-2013 12:03 PM

A 3 day park hopper for around $100--wouldn't that be nice.

magicbob 02-18-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conniehar90 (Post 47544067)
So, I was at a party this weekend with a friend who is going to Disney in March. I am the resident know-it-all for Disney and this friend has only been 2 times in the past 10 years.

She told me, in her best "betcha didn't know this" voice, that you can get 10 3 day park hoppers at the gate for just about $1,000. She is insisting that her friend did this last year and heard about this "deal" from another friend who lives in Florida and knows all the ins and outs about Disney.

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me, but thought I would throw it out to see what others have to say. I had to hear - "See, I told you something you didn't know" and I hate that! Ha!

You can get them from the gas station on I-drive! :rotfl2:

Jestocost 02-18-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conniehar90 (Post 47544067)

No, but you can get three 10-day hoppers for $1,125 plus tax.

Cheshire Figment 02-18-2013 12:11 PM

There are special "Touch of Magic" tickets at about $100 each. They are available through time share companies. They are valid for two Theme Parks and one water park (or DQ). So in theory they are three day tickets. And since you can use the minor park entry on the same day as a major park, by some stretch they can be considered park hoppers. And to get they you have to sit through a time share promotion.

conniehar90 02-18-2013 12:27 PM

Thanks guys! I figured this was the case.

chloelovesdisney 02-18-2013 01:01 PM

I did see a sign last week at the ticket booths advertising 3 day tickets for $119 I think but figured those were just for Florida residents.

The Wise One 02-18-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney
I did see a sign last week at the ticket booths advertising 3 day tickets for $119 I think but figured those were just for Florida residents.

Yep it's a Florida resident special at the moment. We can also add another day for just $10 more.

TDSAXX 02-18-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wise One (Post 47544841)
Yep it's a Florida resident special at the moment. We can also add another day for just $10 more.

One more reason I need to move to Fla.

FortForever 02-18-2013 03:12 PM

A Florida resident could buy 10 - 3 day park-hoppers for $1,190 plus tax. They have had commercials for it for some time now. Unless there are some unadvertised quantity discounts, that's probably as cheap as it gets.

conniehar90 02-18-2013 03:49 PM

Interesting. I am not sure how FL resident tickets work. Do they just ask for ID the first time it is used? If there is some way to work the system on proving you are a FL resident, I wonder if that is what her friend did. I certainly would never do that but I would love to report back that this was in fact not a deal available to those outside FL!

Thanks!

NYDisneyKid 02-18-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wise One (Post 47544841)

Those are 1 park per day tickets right? Can you add hopper to these tickets?

FortForever 02-18-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYDisneyKid (Post 47547470)
Those are 1 park per day tickets right? Can you add hopper to these tickets?

I stand corrected. I think you are right about these being one day tickets. A member of our party bought one and I believe his total was $144 with PH added.

I thought that sounded like an awful lot of tax, but didn't want to get into his business so dismissed it at the time. It must have been because he got PH.

fall08CP 02-18-2013 06:14 PM

My friend has a Florida Resident Annual Pass and gets asked for ID every single time we go to the park. He once forgot his in the car at TTC and they made him go back and get it. I imagine any Florida resident tickets would be the same.