The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sophia the First (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066773)

JennaDeeDooDah 02-18-2013 11:44 AM

Sophia the First
 
DD2 and I are currently watching this show. I have to admit, I am very happy that I have a two-year-old daughter to watch this with as I would feel really silly watching it on my own... but would still want to. I think Disney knocked this one out of the park. Anyone else seen the show with their children? What are your thoughts?

Skip2MyLou 02-18-2013 11:50 AM

We watched the first 2 episodes, but DD did not get hooked. I really like it tho.

But she REALLY loves Doc McStuffins. Another one that Disney has done great on.

JennaDeeDooDah 02-18-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou (Post 47544026)
We watched the first 2 episodes, but DD did not get hooked. I really like it tho.

But she REALLY loves Doc McStuffins. Another one that Disney has done great on.

Big Doc fans here, too. My daughter has a stuffed lamb who has now had her name officially changed to "Lamby". Sophia, Doc, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are all big favs.

DisneyJen0504 02-18-2013 12:05 PM

My DD loves Sofia, I think the show is adorable. She is also a huge Doc fan! Love Disney Junior!

TxAnn 02-18-2013 02:25 PM

My almost 6 yr old DD loves Sofia. We DVR the new episode every Friday. I really enjoy watching it with her too. She recently discovered the Sofia games online and those are a big hit too.

tinkerbellandeeyor 02-18-2013 02:42 PM

I am going yo start watching anyway even though I just have cats

Disneymadhouse 02-18-2013 03:34 PM

We are eagerly waiting for this in the Uk! We had the longer preview type episode on before Christmas and it has just been repeated again this past Sunday, so I'm hoping that means that the proper series will be on soon!

I'm also keeping an eye on the Disney store website as the Uk one just says Sofia merchandise is coming soon, but I noticed the US site has some really cute things!

We are big Doc fans in this house too! I must confess that I'm sometimes heard humming the "I'm so lucky to have a Lammie like you" tune! :blush:

Claire :)

JennaDeeDooDah 02-18-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneymadhouse (Post 47546657)
We are eagerly waiting for this in the Uk! We had the longer preview type episode on before Christmas and it has just been repeated again this past Sunday, so I'm hoping that means that the proper series will be on soon!

I'm also keeping an eye on the Disney store website as the Uk one just says Sofia merchandise is coming soon, but I noticed the US site has some really cute things!

We are big Doc fans in this house too! I must confess that I'm sometimes heard humming the "I'm so lucky to have a Lammie like you" tune! :blush:

Claire :)

Big warning for you. I was at our local Disney Store on Saturday and I was looking at all of the cute Sophia stuff. The worker then told me that they weren't going to be carrying as much Sophia stuff because they have found that they can't keep up with the demand. They are going to cut down to less stuff and try to stock more of that, rather than have a huge assortment. I asked it if was going to be this way at all stores or just theirs and she said she believed it was going to be company-wide. So, get your Sophia stuff while you can!

luvflorida 02-18-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah (Post 47543959)
DD2 and I are currently watching this show. I have to admit, I am very happy that I have a two-year-old daughter to watch this with as I would feel really silly watching it on my own... but would still want to. I think Disney knocked this one out of the park. Anyone else seen the show with their children? What are your thoughts?

Yes, my granddaughter (just turned two) loves Sophia!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou (Post 47544026)
But she REALLY loves Doc McStuffins. Another one that Disney has done great on.

My granddaughter LOVES Doc McStuffins, too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah (Post 47546720)
Big warning for you. I was at our local Disney Store on Saturday and I was looking at all of the cute Sophia stuff. The worker then told me that they weren't going to be carrying as much Sophia stuff because they have found that they can't keep up with the demand. They are going to cut down to less stuff and try to stock more of that, rather than have a huge assortment. I asked it if was going to be this way at all stores or just theirs and she said she believed it was going to be company-wide. So, get your Sophia stuff while you can!

Thanks for the heads up on Sophia items!

Maridw 02-18-2013 05:22 PM

My DH & I DVR Phineas & Ferb, Handy Manny and Chuggington. We got hooked on them while my GDD was living here.

DD & GDD are back with us so it is a good excuse to watch Disney Junior. ;) I thought Sofia is cute, but we don't watch that as much. We do like Doc McStuffins. GDD loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. In fact she is waiting for it to come on right now. :)

Disneymadhouse 02-19-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah (Post 47546720)
Big warning for you. I was at our local Disney Store on Saturday and I was looking at all of the cute Sophia stuff. The worker then told me that they weren't going to be carrying as much Sophia stuff because they have found that they can't keep up with the demand. They are going to cut down to less stuff and try to stock more of that, rather than have a huge assortment. I asked it if was going to be this way at all stores or just theirs and she said she believed it was going to be company-wide. So, get your Sophia stuff while you can!

Thanks for the warning! I don't know if and when the merchandise will appear in the stores. The Doc stuff here is still only online at the moment so I suspect thats the way it will be for the first few months when the Sofia stuff comes out. The doc stuff sold out within hours of coming online in November, so Sofia may well be the same. I guess it depends how long the programme is on before the merchandise comes out - i.e how hooked the kids are on it!

Claire :)

ellone 02-19-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah
Big warning for you. I was at our local Disney Store on Saturday and I was looking at all of the cute Sophia stuff. The worker then told me that they weren't going to be carrying as much Sophia stuff because they have found that they can't keep up with the demand. They are going to cut down to less stuff and try to stock more of that, rather than have a huge assortment. I asked it if was going to be this way at all stores or just theirs and she said she believed it was going to be company-wide. So, get your Sophia stuff while you can!

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think they has a huge assortment of Sofia stuff. A dress, necklace, crown, one stuffed toy, the figurine set, the tshirts and PJs. What would the cut out?

JennaDeeDooDah 02-19-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellone (Post 47552682)
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think they has a huge assortment of Sofia stuff. A dress, necklace, crown, one stuffed toy, the figurine set, the tshirts and PJs. What would the cut out?

She said that she thought they would cut out all of the non-clothes and maybe only carry the pajamas.

lorimay 02-19-2013 08:19 AM

Oh no, My grand daughter loves Sofia. She is waiting for her dress to come out.

Why would they do that and cut things out when there are so many people willing to spend the money on all they have to offer??

Ugh, employ more people to make them! Easy fix.

I just can't figure out the corporate world.

ellone 02-19-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah (Post 47552817)
She said that she thought they would cut out all of the non-clothes and maybe only carry the pajamas.

No toys? Maybe it's me, but that just doesn't make any sense.

And anyways, Disney Store online just added a new toy today - a Sofia singing doll.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.