The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   DDP counter service dessert options (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066483)

thornton0511 02-17-2013 10:10 PM

DDP counter service dessert options

Hi I was wondering if adult dessert options with a counter service meal were the same choices as one can use a snack credit for on the DDP. For example if I use a credit at the Mara at AKL can my dessert be zebra domes or is that only for a snack credit. I can see all of the threads about what one can use for snack credits but not for dessert options. Does anyone want to share what they were able to get for a dessert on DDP at any and all CS locations? :)

LSK 02-22-2013 05:52 PM

I would really like to know this too! I know most CS places offer chocolate cake, carrot cake, or chocolate chip cookie.

It would be nice to know the places that offer something different - like Pizza Planet in HS offers a cupcake.

nonstopdisneymom 02-22-2013 06:27 PM

Yes that's what we found to hold true. Whatever the CS had for snack options could be your dessert. My sister even got a slushy as a dessert at a place in Epcot and at wpe in dtd I got a cheesecake but could have gotten a creme brle.

thornton0511 02-22-2013 07:23 PM

It would be cool if we could get some people here to share a picture with the dessert that they received with a DDP CS meal ::yes::

momto3pirates 02-22-2013 08:53 PM

Zebra domes can definately be dessert at Mara. Yum!

serene56 02-22-2013 08:57 PM

you can get a'milkshake for'a'deest at sci fi or 50s prime time

tinkerpea 02-23-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serene56
you can get a'milkshake for'a'deest at sci fi or 50s prime time

That's only with a TS credit though not a QS " counter service" credit as the OP was asking

patsal 02-23-2013 12:46 PM

The dessert options at Boardwalk bakery are not the same as the snack credit options, so ask there before you order to be certain that they are covered!

johde 02-25-2013 03:12 PM

It's an interesting question especially when dealing with nondesert related items. I know the last time I was at France several years ago, you could get any desert if you used a quick service meal even those that weren't a DDP snack credit. I'm thinking the Boardwalk bakery was the same way.

thornton0511 02-25-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsal (Post 47601525)
The dessert options at Boardwalk bakery are not the same as the snack credit options, so ask there before you order to be certain that they are covered!

Yes this is why I thought it would be cool if people could post what they were able to get for their dessert on the meal plan and it would be even more awesome if there was a pic of the item posted with it :) kind of like other threads have done with the snack credits!

thornton0511 02-25-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momto3pirates (Post 47595998)
Zebra domes can definately be dessert at Mara. Yum!

:thumbsup2

danceintherain 02-25-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thornton0511 (Post 47538686)
Hi I was wondering if adult dessert options with a counter service meal were the same choices as one can use a snack credit for on the DDP. For example if I use a credit at the Mara at AKL can my dessert be zebra domes or is that only for a snack credit. I can see all of the threads about what one can use for snack credits but not for dessert options. Does anyone want to share what they were able to get for a dessert on DDP at any and all CS locations? :)

I know when we were on the Dining Plan, I saved my desserts for breakfast the next day or a snack later quite often. We stayed at AKL so I definitely got zebra domes once, along with lots of cheesecake (the domes proved too rich for breakfast for me).
I also got a frozen lemonade at the Yak & Yeti CS at the Animal Kingdom and a Cloudberry Horn at the bakery in Norway.
It's been a while since we were on the dining plan, so I don't remember much past that.

thornton0511 02-25-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceintherain (Post 47625842)
I know when we were on the Dining Plan, I saved my desserts for breakfast the next day or a snack later quite often. We stayed at AKL so I definitely got zebra domes once, along with lots of cheesecake (the domes proved too rich for breakfast for me).
I also got a frozen lemonade at the Yak & Yeti CS at the Animal Kingdom and a Cloudberry Horn at the bakery in Norway.
It's been a while since we were on the dining plan, so I don't remember much past that.

Awesome!! Thanks for the imput:thumbsup2

jerelle 02-25-2013 06:00 PM

Some desserts

A few we enjoyed on a recent trip are : gelato at Cosmic Rays and Pinocchio Village House , Apple Crisp at Columbia Harbour House in the Magic Kingdom . Any yummy bakery item at Starring Rolls Cafe (we had red velvet and chocolate peanut butter cupcakes)or marble cheesecake at Backlot Express in Hollywood Studios. Any yummy bakery item at Sunshine Seasons(we had cheesecake and a carrot cake cupcake) at Epcot and Orange Tangerine or Strawberry Slushies at Tangerine Cafe in Morocco Pavillion in Epcot. Delicious Key Lime or Chocolate Mousse at Flame Tree in Animal Kingdom. Delicious and huge ice cream sundaes, milkshakes or tie dye cheesecake at Pop Century resort. :cool1:

thornton0511 02-25-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerelle (Post 47626388)
A few we enjoyed on a recent trip are : gelato at Cosmic Rays and Pinocchio Village House , Apple Crisp at Columbia Harbour House in the Magic Kingdom . Any yummy bakery item at Starring Rolls Cafe (we had red velvet and chocolate peanut butter cupcakes)or marble cheesecake at Backlot Express in Hollywood Studios. Any yummy bakery item at Sunshine Seasons(we had cheesecake and a carrot cake cupcake) at Epcot and Orange Tangerine or Strawberry Slushies at Tangerine Cafe in Morocco Pavillion in Epcot. Delicious Key Lime or Chocolate Mousse at Flame Tree in Animal Kingdom. Delicious and huge ice cream sundaes, milkshakes or tie dye cheesecake at Pop Century resort. :cool1:

thank you :thumbsup2