The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Boardwalk Inn or Beach Club? Help! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066099)

candymommy 02-17-2013 10:44 AM

Boardwalk Inn or Beach Club? Help!

Our trip is for 4 nights in June and we are trying to decide between Boardwalk Inn and Beach Club. It will be myself and my husband, son 14, daughter,12. We have not been to Disney since 2005 and have never stayed in the Epcot area, but think it would have a lot for our kids to do. I would love some feedback from some of you that have been to either place or both. We are getting very excited to go and want to make this a great trip! Thanks!!

AliceIn 02-17-2013 10:55 AM

I don't think you can go wrong with either resort. If your kids really love the pool, then the Beach Club likely has the edge. Stormalong Bay is arguably the best pool on Disney property. I think there would likely be more kids around their ages at Beach Club. The Boardwalk Inn is beautiful and has more rooms with a nice view. There is nightly entertainment along the Boardwalk.

Both resorts allow you quick access to DHS and Epcot. It comes down to what's important for your family.

mickeynut1 02-17-2013 11:14 AM

We've only stayed at the BC, but have visited BWI many times and it is beautiful resort. With that said, I would probably go with the BC with young teens. Both resorts are beautiful and both are within walking distance to Epcot and DHS, so I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Good luck deciding.

patty57 02-17-2013 11:52 AM

Beach Club for Stormalong Bay. You still have access to everything BW offers in the evening.

ruadisneyfan2 02-17-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patty57 (Post 47532511)
Beach Club for Stormalong Bay. You still have access to everything BW offers in the evening.

:thumbsup2 YC is nice too!! Location is better than being on the monorail unless your focus is mainly MK. :cloud9:

Wood Nymph 02-17-2013 01:41 PM

I've stayed at both and prefer the Beach Club. It has the Marketplace, which is the closest thing to counter service of any of the three resorts. It has a great pool, too. But the BWI is nice, too. It is closer to Hollywood Studios than BC, which is nice if your teens like to go there.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

elaw 02-17-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wood Nymph (Post 47533462)
I've stayed at both and prefer the Beach Club.

Same here .... We love SAB and I bet your kids would love it too :thumbsup2

MissionMouse 02-17-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candymommy (Post 47531935)
Our trip is for 4 nights in June and we are trying to decide between Boardwalk Inn and Beach Club. It will be myself and my husband, son 14, daughter,12. We have not been to Disney since 2005 and have never stayed in the Epcot area, but think it would have a lot for our kids to do. I would love some feedback from some of you that have been to either place or both. We are getting very excited to go and want to make this a great trip! Thanks!!

We have stayed at both.

Based upon the fact Disney only excludes the use of a pool to non-guest, all you need to do then is ask yourself what pool and theme you like best. SAB is large and diverse.

Our kids preferred SAB due to its size and diversity to the point they requested to go back to the resort to swim rather waiting 60+ minutes in June lines. Not much of a vacation to spend it waiting in lines, so we agreed and spent more time at the resort and club lounge. BWI resorts is smaller and provides a cozier feel. Easier to get drinks with the drink service area located in the core pool area. Overall, BWI provided a private feel in comparision to BC with multiple TS restaurants in the lobby and nightly mob cutting accross the resort to the BC parking lot, as they parked there in violation of the Disney parking rules they rarely enforce.

The Epcot resort area is very easy to navigate in a very short period of time, especially when compared to the distance you walk daily at Disney. Buses are not a stength at any of the Epcot resorts. BC buses can frequently show-up filled at key times of the day, so some guest start to head to other resorts bus stations like YC which is the stop prior to the BC.

lovesdumbo 02-17-2013 02:41 PM

I'm sure you'd love any of the 3 of them - BWI, BC or YC.

One thing to consider is that all of BWI rooms have a daybed but not all BC rooms do. Not sure about YC. Also all BWI rooms have a balcony but not all BC rooms. I also have read that some BC rooms have full size beds.

WDW Lover 02-17-2013 02:54 PM

Beach Club

Though BWI is super nice, you can't beat the great pool at Beach Club. More teens at Beach Club, younger kids at the pool at Boardwalk.

VAfamily1998 02-17-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesdumbo (Post 47534061)
I'm sure you'd love any of the 3 of them - BWI, BC or YC.

One thing to consider is that all of BWI rooms have a daybed but not all BC rooms do. Not sure about YC. Also all BWI rooms have a balcony but not all BC rooms. I also have read that some BC rooms have full size beds.

I stayed in a standard CL YC room last fall. It had 2 Queen beds and NO daybed (we didn't need one, so that didn't bother us)

I've also stayed at BWI, and personally I preferred BWI. I just liked the theme better. Also, when I was at YC, the slide at SAB was closed the whole time, the fitness club was closed (or moved to the solarium?) and the pool snack bar was also closed. At the time I stayed at BWI, EVERYTHING was open/operational, so that might persuade me more towards BWI; I may have liked YC better if everything was working.
I still LIKED YC--a lot! But I liked BWI more.

Hunnypaw 02-17-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patty57

Concur!

Duke&Tree 02-17-2013 03:50 PM

We were at Boardwalk in January for the first time, and we LOVED it! I agree that Stormalong Bay will give the 'edge' in this competition, though. Have a fantastic time!

roydavid7771 02-17-2013 07:50 PM

Both resorts are wonderful, but I give the edge to BC for a couple of reasons (and I've stayed at both). First, Stormalong Bay, easily the best pool on property. Second, Beaches and Cream, easily the best ice cream on property. Finally, it's been my experience that BC only shares their buses with YC. Every time I've stayed at BW, I've had to share with the Swan and Dolphin, which could make for a long ride home after a long day at the parks!

lbv7 02-17-2013 08:10 PM

Beaches & Cream is good, but in my opinion the ice cream at Seashore Sweets is just as good if not better, at half the price.