The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   That was a close one! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3065963)

Tamar 02-16-2013 11:13 PM

That was a close one!
 
We do NOT need any more points, but today I clicked on the link to see what was for sale, and saw an awesome deal. I almost picked up the phone and called to snap it up, but it wasn't the same UY as all our other points, so I decided not to bite today.

5 hours later, it is listed as "sale pending". DH suggests it probably won't pass ROFR. I kind of figured it wouldn't last, and in a way I'm glad, but it was fun to consider it....

rojen 02-17-2013 07:47 AM

Was it the $25 SSR? Figure it had to be misprint

kenly777 02-17-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamar
We do NOT need any more points, but today I clicked on the link to see what was for sale, and saw an awesome deal. I almost picked up the phone and called to snap it up, but it wasn't the same UY as all our other points, so I decided not to bite today.

5 hours later, it is listed as "sale pending". DH suggests it probably won't pass ROFR. I kind of figured it wouldn't last, and in a way I'm glad, but it was fun to consider it....

Would love to know what the contract was for...

Sur 02-17-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojen (Post 47530567)
Was it the $25 SSR? Figure it had to be misprint

TTS didn't put anything new up for listing yesterday (so nothing of theirs was snapped up in 5 hours since 2/13)....
Fidelity doesn't show "sale pending"...
Mom/son company I haven't been watching and can't tell if there was a deal.
There was a new release by the other company yesterday, and there was a deal on there- Animal Kingdom, Dec UY, 180 points at $67 pp, but it doesn't show pending....
Hmm, so much for detective work!

Tamar 02-17-2013 12:27 PM

It was TTS. AKV June UY with all 2011 and all 2012 points. $65/point.

kenly777 02-17-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamar
It was TTS. AKV June UY with all 2011 and all 2012 points. $65/point.

Thanks for the info. Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sur 02-17-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamar (Post 47532759)
It was TTS. AKV June UY with all 2011 and all 2012 points. $65/point.

Wow! They didn't Tweet that one... even better than the $67 pp and loaded to the gills!

martin33 02-17-2013 01:56 PM

this leads me to a question as a newbie here. Would 2011 points not only be good up until the UY, exactly one year later (ie 2011 points with UY Feb would allow for banking points with use up to Feb 2012?)
I am still looking at my first purchase and the idea of points avail from 2011, or early 2012 still confuses me! (can I use these points? esp in relation to 2011 points?)Thanks for any insight.
Cheers
Martin

Kidanifan08 02-17-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin33 (Post 47533618)
this leads me to a question as a newbie here. Would 2011 points not only be good up until the UY, exactly one year later (ie 2011 points with UY Feb would allow for banking points with use up to Feb 2012?)
I am still looking at my first purchase and the idea of points avail from 2011, or early 2012 still confuses me! (can I use these points? esp in relation to 2011 points?)Thanks for any insight.
Cheers
Martin

For example with a December UY, December 2011 points expire Nov 30, 2012. BUT . . . if the 2011 points were banked into the 2012 UY, now there are 2011+2012 points combined and available for use until Nov 30, 2013.

Here are the details of the contract OP was referencing to: "160 banked points currently available that need to be used by 6/1/13 (i.e. 2011 points banked into the 2012 UY), 320 points coming on 6/1/13 (160 + 160 banked points from 2012, banked points need to be used by 6/1/14) and 160 points coming on 6/1/14." I added the words in red.

Good luck finding what you are looking for! We love our DVC!!

thptrek 02-17-2013 06:31 PM

That is the type of contract I am purchasing. Some points now with all current year banked into next year. We are going to plan three vacations in this first year to maximize our AP and TIW purchase.

martin33 02-17-2013 08:36 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies- So to confirm then- as long as the points are banked you can extend them by 2 years?
IE Dec 2011 points banked in 2012 are good till Nov 30, 2013- well thats good news!

Cheers
Martin

Tamar 02-17-2013 10:30 PM

Good thing I wasn't online today! There was a very similar contract, except it was 100 pts (even better) and WAS in our UY (Dec). Sale already pending! THAT one I would've called on if I'd seen it.

chalee94 02-17-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin33 (Post 47537660)
Thanks everyone for the replies- So to confirm then- as long as the points are banked you can extend them by 2 years?
IE Dec 2011 points banked in 2012 are good till Nov 30, 2013- well thats good news!

dec 2011 pts are valid for stays from dec 1, 2011 to nov 30, 2012. banking extends that by one year (and one year only).

RSWA2 02-18-2013 12:52 AM

So I guess it was this one then

160 banked points currently available that need to be used by 6/1/13, 320 points coming on 6/1/13 (160 + 160 banked points from 2012, banked points need to be used by 6/1/14) and 160 points coming on 6/1/14. Priced at $65 per point.

Seems like there was quite a few AKL resales that were posted and sold in the last week, all around the mid 60s. Is $65 a good deal because it was loaded? I saw some in the ROFR thread that sold in the low 60s but were semi stripped of current points.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.