The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Akl question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3065377)

mbfaith406 02-15-2013 06:55 PM

Akl question

Is the savannah room worth the money over a standard room?

sara mom 02-15-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbfaith406 (Post 47518925)

Yes

Yes

Yes

While it's true you can see the animals in different public areas on the resort, I love when the kids look out the balcony and announce "The zebra's back Mom."

4everGoofy 02-15-2013 07:05 PM

It is pretty cool!

mom2munchkins 02-15-2013 09:15 PM

Oh yes!! My kids loved it. They would eat pop tarts and look for giraffes every morning while we were getting ready to go to the parks in the morning. A favorite memory of mine.

Sue M 02-16-2013 01:42 AM

I would book a pool view before a standard. There are some pretty awful standard rooms I've passed by on the way to the bus stops. The ones with the solid wall balconies. I doubt they get any daylight and zero view.

We've had both pool view and savana view rooms and enjoyed both. Of ourselves we loved the savana view the best :goodvibes but we did enjoy the pool view room too.

OKW Lover 02-16-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbfaith406 (Post 47518925)

<shrug> How much is the dollar difference? How many days? How big is your budget? ;)

There is no question in my mind that being able to stand on your balcony looking at animals is pretty spectacular. I just wouldn't be able to put a dollar value on it.

3pletprincesses 02-16-2013 08:43 AM

I would say yes but with reservations. We sayed there last year and LOVED it but the first thing that came out of my mouth was that I wouldn't pay fo that if I had the intention of spending most of my day at the parks. We found last August that animals started to be up and about at around 8am and would go to "bed" early. For hte sake of the animals, they do not illuminate the savanah which I admire them for that but if you would have spent the entire day at the parks, you would come back to a very dark savannah. that being said, we really liked it and we will make a point f staying there at least one night either at the beginning of the trip or end of our trip just to enjoy the view.

mickeynut1 02-16-2013 08:53 AM

I agree with Sue M that I would book a pool view over standard. We've never stayed standard view, but we have stayed in both pool and savanna view and we loved our pool view just as much as our savanna view. Savanna view is nice to be able to look at animals from your balcony, but it isn't a necessity for us as there are plenty of areas around the resort to view the animals. With pool view being just $10-$15 more a night over standard, it is definitely worth it for a better view, IMO.

Bell30012 02-16-2013 09:14 AM

We just had a Standard View and were very lucky. We were right at the corner of the savannah. Studio 7837... Despite being at the corner we saw lots of animals. A couple years ago, I went for the savannah view and to a then two-year-old, it was more than worth it. Before this trip, she'd only seen a giraffe on Go Diego, Go!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4179972_n.jpg

ruadisneyfan2 02-16-2013 10:02 AM

Does it smell like animal poo? :sick:

disneybliss2 02-16-2013 10:07 AM

It's hard to determine if it would be "worth it" to someone else. For me, no, but there are others that have posted yes. While I wouldn't enjoy the standard view, the pool view is a minimal price to upgrade and it has a nice view. There are so many viewing locations to see the animals that I can't justify the additional expense of the savanna view.

Bell30012 02-16-2013 10:08 AM

Not at all. CMs come out and clean up the dropping several times each day.

pixie08 02-16-2013 11:59 AM

Yes if you plan to spend some time in your room. I always try for savannah view. I love having coffee in the morning and watching the animals.

That said, I would stay in a standard room if money were an issue, instead of a mod. There are tons of place to sit and relax and watch the animals. Even some that are usually empty, with rockers etc.